Thread: P01 vs P59 tuning differences

P01 vs P59 tuning differences

Hi guys I was looking at two oem files for a 5.3 suburban today and couldnt help but notice a massive difference in the transient fueling tables. for instance Fuel boiling time vs coolant vs map on a p01 @ 100kpa was set at 12.8 across the entire row and the p59 is 1.0. what is the deal with this? does anyone have an explanation for this? reason for looking at this was I tuned a friends vehicle (P01) which is almost identical to mine (p59) except I have a bigger cam, ported heads, and a half point higher CR other than that everything else is identical and his ve numbers are higher yet the injector duty cycle is higher on mine vs his which it should be because mine makes more power (you can feel the difference by quite a bit) i was comparing the two files and was trying to reverse engineer to find out what might cause this phenomenon. any ideas?

Potential Tuner
    Bump. Any info on this?
    Horsepower is like a condom. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Disclaimer: I do not know what I'm doing. Follow at your own risk.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerns View Post
    Bump. Any info on this?
    I can tell you firsthand, do not copy paste from one to the other. I put P59 transient stuff in a P01 once before I knew better. After startup with a light throttle blip the injectors went to 400% duty cycle and flooded out the engine.

Potential Tuner
    Something I was looking at was the difference in the P01 flex calibration vs P01 non flex. Same situation the table for the flex is way different from the non flex. I have a swapped truck that is on the 6125 OS for flex but have yet to install the flex sensor so I have it disabled in the tune. Looking at the 2002 stock suburban vs 2002 stock flex suburban as reference. Should I be using the non flex data in the transient tables or the flex data? I am running pump 93 with 10% ethanol. Not really finding an answer.