Thread: GT350 help

Potential Tuner

GT350 help

I've got a 2016 GT350 and we are trying to figure out why with the tune we are working on, that the RPMs climb on their own with a JLT cold air intake installed (tune is setup for the cold air intake) but with the stock air box on the same tune file the RPMs sit perfectly.
    We were working on getting the flex fuel set up.

2016 GT350 STOCK AIR BOX.hpl
    2016 GT350 JLT.hpl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to tune that JLT

for custom tuning my contact info below
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CJohnson219 View Post
    I've got a 2016 GT350 and we are trying to figure out why with the tune we are working on, that the RPMs climb on their own with a JLT cold air intake installed (tune is setup for the cold air intake) but with the stock air box on the same tune file the RPMs sit perfectly.
    We were working on getting the flex fuel set up.

2016 GT350 STOCK AIR BOX.hpl
    2016 GT350 JLT.hpl
    Haven't looked at your log, but my guess is you might have an air leak after the MAF. If not there is a table in the Idle section of the tune which has airflow for throttle angle, try lowering those numbers by say 20% and see what happens, then fine tune with trial and error. This fixed a high idle on my car.

if the rpm goes up on their own maybe they are letting in a lot of airflow JLT how much do they go up approximately does the tps open?
    logo quickstep.png

Potential Tuner
    The parameters were input for the JLT and double checked.

Vacuum leak is what we thought it was, but checked with carb cleaner and then smoke testing it, no leak found.

The tps % was increasing by approx. 10%

Seems we did find the issue, my JLT tube seems to be on a slightly larger size so the parameters the JLT sent over needed to be adjusted slightly to account for the extra air that was coming through

Quote Originally Posted by CJohnson219 View Post
    The parameters were input for the JLT and double checked.

Vacuum leak is what we thought it was, but checked with carb cleaner and then smoke testing it, no leak found.

The tps % was increasing by approx. 10%

Seems we did find the issue, my JLT tube seems to be on a slightly larger size so the parameters the JLT sent over needed to be adjusted slightly to account for the extra air that was coming through

You know I had a recent problem and it was because of the MAF sensor, check it in case it's not that, enter IDLE and adjust the air flow, give it more GS

EMAIL: [email protected]
    WHATSAPP: +58 4149648393
    INSTAGRAM: @quickxstep

logo quickstep.png

Tuner in Training
    After looking over your log your fuel trims are off by 25%, you need to to fine tune the maf for the JLT and in idle conditions your throttle was open 12 degrees. I believe if you do a couple maf revisions the car should idle correctly.