Thread: MPVI3 - Standalone data logging stopped working

Potential Tuner

MPVI3 - Standalone data logging stopped working

Good day,

After upgrading to the latest Beta VCM suite, I'm no longer able to do standalone data logging.

If I press the button, it goes from the solid green LED to a flashing blue light for a couple of seconds and then returns to a solid green light.

I have tried to reset the triggers, cleared the channels and erased all of my previous logs. Still happening. Anyone else having a similar experience?

Potential Tuner
    Same thing here but mine started after updating the firmware through the TDN app. I have tried everything from re-install vcm suite to read/write my tune. I can data log through the TDN app but it isn't picking up my channel comfigs. Have you or anyone else come across a solution?

Potential Tuner
    No, I'm still waiting for an answer on my support ticket

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bloubul7 View Post
    No, I'm still waiting for an answer on my support ticket
    DId you find a solotion ? I'm having the exact same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bloubul7 View Post
    Good day,

After upgrading to the latest Beta VCM suite, I'm no longer able to do standalone data logging.

If I press the button, it goes from the solid green LED to a flashing blue light for a couple of seconds and then returns to a solid green light.

I have tried to reset the triggers, cleared the channels and erased all of my previous logs. Still happening. Anyone else having a similar experience?
    this is exactly my issue, i made a support request and even supplied HP Tuners with a video of it. Hopefully they can fix the issue.

https://youtu.be/PlHmwrsR7o0

This issue has only been occurring after upgrading VCM Suite beta to 5.1.657 in which I was prompted to update the device. In an attempt to fix the issue I upgraded to 5.1.750 but the issue was still not resolved.

Potential Tuner
    Please post if you find a solution. I am having this exact problem as well (but with a Seadoo)

Potential Tuner
    Support worked with me, and after a few software updates my datalogging is working for my Seadoo. Thanks James and your team.
    I am on the latest beta as of 3/16/23 and it did require me to resync my interface (which flashed the physical device)

Advanced Tuner
    So just today I tried standalone with my new MPVI3 and I get the same blinking green light that goes solid. Looks like I need to submit a ticket.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    So just today I tried standalone with my new MPVI3 and I get the same blinking green light that goes solid. Looks like I need to submit a ticket.
    I would suggest you update to the newest beta to rule that out as the issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I would suggest you update to the newest beta to rule that out as the issue.
    The beta version I am running is 5.1.849 but looks like there is a 5.1.918 that I will give a try.

Advanced Tuner
    Nope that did not help. Installed latest beta and setup standalone again. When I press the button the green light blinks and eventually goes solid green. Drove home from work and pressed the button again to stop the logging and I get the same blinking green then solid. Just hooked up the interface to hp tuners and no logs stored.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fumanchu182 View Post
    this is exactly my issue, i made a support request and even supplied HP Tuners with a video of it. Hopefully they can fix the issue.

https://youtu.be/PlHmwrsR7o0

This issue has only been occurring after upgrading VCM Suite beta to 5.1.657 in which I was prompted to update the device. In an attempt to fix the issue I upgraded to 5.1.750 but the issue was still not resolved.
    I have the same problem as you show in the vid. Was wondering if you ever solved the problem? I submitted a support ticket but would have loved to include your vid but already sent the request. I have tried on both my durango and challenger with the latest beta but no luck.
    Last edited by Homer; 04-11-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    So HPT support got back to me today. Apparently there is a 5.1.921.0 that was just released. Going to try it later today. If it does not work they are asking me to provided infolog of VCM suite and to provide a screenshot of the error...but that is just it there is no error that shows up. All I get is a blank screen when I go to stored logs and the steady green light on the interface like fumanchu182 showed in his vid. X-ing my fingers the new beta works.

Advanced Tuner
    So after messing with the interface and standalone for half an hour I finally stumbled on the solution which support did not mention. When you update VCM to the latest beta you would think just connecting the interface to the laptop and doing a resync would push any firmware updates...well it does not. It was not until I connected my interface to the vehicle and tried to connect via VCM scanner that a firmware update was initiated. Once the interface updated, standalone started working again. I find it weird that I need to be plugged into the vehicle and connected to get the interface firmware to initiate...or is this how it always has been?

Oh and this may be obvious, but standalone must be initiated after the vehicle is running. Initiating it with KOEO and then starting will cause it to stop logging. At least it did on my challenger. Funny thing is now I am seeing a U0011 code on my amp. Might be a coincidence though but it was not there last night.
    Last edited by Homer; 04-12-2023 at 10:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone know why my 2015 Challenger RT always shows a saved time stamp of 1/1/1980 but my 2017 Durango GT shows the correct date?
    standalon timestamp.png

There's something in the write up that explains this. I'm not home so don't have quick access but I think it's because the MPVI does not have a clock built in so uses the time from the last resync after it was powered on. If the MPVI is removed from power then it reverts to the 1980 date. At least that's what I remember.

Advanced Tuner
    Ah even the writeup shows logs with 1/1/1980. Would be nice if the date/time was correct.
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...ging_mpvi2.htm

Advanced Tuner
    sub

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone else had any luck with a fix? I opened a ticket back in June and support was no help. They just wanted me to send it in for warranty, but I am in the middle of tuning, so that is not going to be a good solution for me right now.