Thread: Swapping Base file from 2010 Auto CTSV to 2009 Manual

Potential Tuner

Swapping Base file from 2010 Auto CTSV to 2009 Manual

New to tuning with HP and also LS tuning in general. I have a 2009 CTSV 6spd that was bone stock. I swapped mods from a 2010 auto that I bought and put back to stock before selling. I know there will be a few differences between the auto and manual tunes but wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I wrote the differences over in all the fuel tables, maf, etc. Left the trans stuff alone, left the DTC list alone besides changing out the codes for the rear 02s (now running kooks long tubes with no rear sensors).

Mod list swapped was:
    DSX aux pump (Hobbs switch for 4psi boost)
    DSX flex fuel sensor
    2.45 griptec
    ID850 injectors
    4.5" New Era intake (auto car had an airaid)
    Kooks Longtubes and X-pipe (auto car had stock manifolds and cat deletes)
    NGK plugs
    Accel Ceramic wires
    Reinforced brick
    CWA100 Pump
    Vadder Single heat exchanger

Auto car was tuned at KP tuning and ran well (635 WHP on E85) and had no issues besides a cold start idle issue (may have been "ghost cam"). I swapped the blocks that I believed I needed into the manual ECM and I'm getting high (30-36) fuel trims mainly at idle and on decal and a lean code on both banks. No leaks that I can find and I'm seeing that there may be a difference between 09 and 10 fueling in the ECM. Car seems to run ok at part throttle and fuel trim goes to 0 under a little acceleration. Haven't driven it much with the codes and fuel trims I'm seeing and just got an AEM Wideband to install. Haven't logged with that yet as I'm somewhat afraid to run it much.

Any advice on what needs to be swapped and what should be left on the stock manual ECM or adjusted separately would be appreciated. Thank you.
    09 CTSV 6SPD Bolt on, Daily Driver
    11 Z06 Stock
    01 Trans Am WS6 6SPD 5.3 Turbo Build in progress
    67 Firebird Pro Touring Build 421 Stroker, LSA Blower, Etc
    17 Raptor Tow Rig

Maf and VE table, I would multiply it by ~1.20 for starters, since more airflow with 4.5 in. Injector data needs to be changed, you can get ID data from their site. Same with DSX + Flex fuel, do a compare FPCM to see what is all different. Pretty much, you need a new tune.

You should start with an initial SPS programming of a correct manual OS. Then tune from there.

Senior Tuner
    You might be able to port some things over.. but I would treat it like a different car and tune from scratch.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs