Thread: Fuel Injector Data for Bosch 0280158187/12598646

Fuel Injector Data for Bosch 0280158187/12598646

As the topic stated.....
    I'm looking for injector data for the GM 12598646 injector. I've been using recommended data for the injectors but I can't get them dialed in enough so the factory pcm recognizes proper Ethanol levels. I've been messing with different tunes for a while now and it boils down to the injector data is not correct enough where the pcm measures ethanol content correctly.
    The injectors are GM 12598646
    Attached is my latest tune. In the data log it registers the ethanol as 85% but it is actually 60%. So the tune is off because the pcm thinks there's more ethanol in the fuel......this is also effected by the injectors as there settings may not be correct. I've searched for a long time now not being able to find settings close to what's needed to properly to operate the injectors. I've been told this and have been told that.....
    I've been told the pcm does not recalculate for ethanol content until after a minimum of a 5gallon refill. I've topped off my tank many times and the pcm still thinks I'm running an ethanol content I don't have.
    I really need the proper injector data to input for a Mopar pcm on HPT.
    If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.....
    Last edited by brr; 01-25-2023 at 01:45 AM.

Well that is going to be fun trying to find injector data on a chevy for a 2013 dodge. Mind if I ask why you did that?

The LSA/9 injector has a 15* bent spray angle, which will make all your puddle (transient fueling) values wrong. You are basically spraying at the port wall instead of the back of the intake valve. This can have a big impact on fuel control at idle and cruise where the ethanol detection logic works.

The reason I went with these injectors was based on recommendations and fitment. These EV14 injectors are flex fuel capable, can operate within the correct fuel pressures, provide the needed fuel without going crazy and finally the price. At WOT on E85 these injectors run at around 70-75% duty cycle for the perfect A/F's my car likes. My factory stock injectors were hitting around 105% duty cycle at 7000rpm. I can daily drive these injectors with no problem at all, the car runs great! But I'm sure if I get better injector data input I could get it to run better. I have recommended "crude" data inputed in the tune for these injectors but its hard to find better data.
    EfiCalibrator - thanks for the info! I've been using these injectors for 2 years now with the current injector data in my tune. If you have any recommendations on if I should leave the injector data alone as it works or if there's any other adjustments I could make, id greatly appreciate it. With these injectors I have play room to run richer if needed without maxing them out as I only hit 75% Maximum currently.
    One of my tunes in the past had almost the correct ethanol content where the ppm almost matched the ethanol gauge with a difference of about 5%. Since then I've changed my cam timings and of course that altered the ethanol content registered by the pcm. The tune posted above allowed me to keep up with an 06 Chrysler 300C SRT8 in my 4th gear....so I guess I'm doing something right.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by brr View Post
    EfiCalibrator - thanks for the info! I've been using these injectors for 2 years now with the current injector data in my tune. ...The tune posted above allowed me to keep up with an 06 Chrysler 300C SRT8 in my 4th gear....so I guess I'm doing something right.
    As you know, WOT is the easy bit and not really your stated problem.

As Greg pointed out, when the one side of the port & one valve is getting far more fuel than the other, erratic wall wetting at cruise and idle(where the Fuel trims are calc'd) will just add to the inconsistencies your seeing in the fuel trims.

All your fuel is getting sprayed to front valve on one side of the engine and the rear valve on the other bank.

Look at the spray angles of the 3.6 stock injector: 280-158-233 BLUE. as compared the 158-187 RED.

Based on the this table and your stated max IDC of the Stock and 187, the 280-158-195 or 280-158-230 are reasonable alternative at 25% larger than stock. You just have to run harness adapter.

Or step up to the 158-291

280-158-187 Varaint Table.jpg280-158-187 Varaint Table 1.jpg

fiveoMotorsport.com Stated the spec was a 25deg spray angle and your chart states 15deg
    I totally understand what you're saying....
    So a wider spray angle pattern is better? The only reason I ask is your chart shows 23-24deg spray pattern for the recommended injectors and the final one, the 291 is a 60deg spray pattern. I've googled the Bosch numbers you recommended and they are hard to find based on the Bosch part numbers. Do you recommend a part number conversion chart from somewhere? This way I can search applications the injectors are used for?
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by brr View Post
    fiveoMotorsport.com Stated the spec was a 25deg spray angle and your chart states 15deg
    This may be too obvious but id suggest believing Bosch over "five0"

Any sort of symmetry in spray pattern relative to the two intake ports would an improvement over what you have now.

The stock 233 is actually 42degrees from edge of cone to edge of cone(23+19).

For the single spray 291 is 60degree from edge of cone to edge of cone.
    For the single spray 321 is 23degree from edge of cone to edge of cone

Sorry, im not sure what's the OEM application for the 280-158-291 or 280-158-321(flowed 790cc@58psi on our bench)

Duster360, thanks as always for the information! I guessed something was off when you posted the Bosch specifications. I will definitely look for injector replacements based on the information you have provided. Currently I'm running on the FuelInjectorClinics settings for they're 540cc Bosch injectors. My motor definitely feels stronger down low under 4000rpm, I have not had a chance to run it higher than 4000rpm as I gained too much attention on my local straight away onto a thruway. There's been troopers there more frequently lately....lol. It's a nice flat straightaway that has a 65mph speed limit and I turn onto it at around 30-35mph in 2nd gear and floor it. Traction has been an issue lately because of NY weather and I spin in 3rd until I grab 4th with damp roads........
    Last edited by brr; 02-09-2023 at 11:17 PM.

Another note, since Innovate Motorsports is giving me a runaround about there ECF-1 gauge resetting all the time I'm looking into another Wideband to use as I'm currently hitting 0.86-0.89 on WOT then the Wideband resets. My car based on logs from the past year on E50 likes to pull strong on 0.76-0.79 at 7000rpm. I can't trust the ECF-1 for datalogging anymore because of the constant resets and Innovate states it has something to do with my wiring and not there gauge. The ECF-1 I have is replacement #1 and I've used 6 different O2 sensors to find out the O2's are fine. Since I'm out of the 1 year warranty for a $400 gauge when purchased, I'm looking for an alternative. The reviews about the gauge state there are issues after 6months I can honestly say it is true. After 6months it took me 3 months to get Innovate to send a replacement gauge and again after around 6months the gauge issues started again with the Wideband readings. And yes my wiring is correct and has been verified numerous times to make sure everything is connected properly. I'm thinking about the AEM 34-0110NS since I already have the WB O2.........
    Last edited by brr; 02-09-2023 at 12:59 AM.

Attachment 128218
    Attachment 128219
    These are the FIC settings and quick logs.....

Note: As of 2-25-23 I stopped using this injector tune as anything under 4000rpm is great but over 4000rpm my car slowed down drastically. I switched back to my 3-8 tune as posted above. E53 fuel is available near me at $1.50gal so I have about 90gal stored in my garage right now. I need to research the injector settings again......
    Last edited by brr; 02-25-2023 at 02:25 AM.

No major updates but I need to figure out my injector settings as the Fuel Injector Clinic settings are great under 4000rpm but anything above that my car slows down....,
    Last edited by brr; 03-10-2023 at 01:35 AM.

Love the idea of spraying pattern making the injector impossible to tune LOL

We did the data for +20 injectors over the years, including 2200cc single hole and for evey Bosch injector out there...this is relatively easy.

It would be nice to find larger injectors to fit the 3.6 Pentastar but not many people have played around with these motors. Those who have in the turbo/supercharging market of course have kept their lips tight on the specifics on their injectors. There has to be a factory fuel injector from Dodge that fits the 3.6 as it was planned to be a twin turbo but that never went through. I've researched the recommended Bosch direct replacement injectors mentioned above and they are hard to find.......
    Those who have claimed to sell larger injectors are actually offering the FlexFuel OE injectors to replace the stock Non-Flexfuel injectors.....of course this is for N/A applications.....
    There's got to be something in the Mopar product line that will work, Since I lost my connection to the Mopar parts catalog I can't research OE stuff as in depth like I used to be able too......