Thread: Need help controlling boost 6.0

Potential Tuner

Need help controlling boost 6.0

Hey guys, been messing with this for a while now and I'm getting my truck dialed in. 2005 F350, stock except 4" exhaust. I think I'm close to emptying my stock injectors based off what I've read. I'm at 2.5ms of pulsewidth with 26mpa of ICP at WOT.

I'm trying to tune the boost. Right now I'm seeing about 23psi at WOT, but during the pull I see my VGT duty cycle go from 33% down to about 24%, and the boost goes down to around 20psi. My EBP is reading constant during this time at 350-360kpa (which doesn't seem right).

I'm not quite sure what is going on or why it is doing this. The truck doesn't seem to be honoring any of my desired EBP/MAP/boost targets and I'm not sure how to make it do what I want.

Also, If I tip in during TC lock, the boost will skyrocket way higher than I want it to, 30psi+. I blew an intercooler boot the other day. I can't seem to get any control of VGT, or boost based off the settings I have messed with. Can someone help me out and explain how to adjust boost on these things?

Here are attached datalogs and a copy of my current file. The truck runs hard, probably a little aggressive for not being studded.

Bob Stage 3 rev 2.hpt

125.hpl

Potential Tuner
    I'm starting to think it has an Inferred EBP strategy. I don't know what to look for to see if it does or not, or if there is a way to fix this. My truck is an 05 without a MAF.

Banned
    you need to raise your max map on your turbo pressure to 500 instead of 280. then raise your inferred map to 40psi around the 62 and 73 lines. up your overboost needs to be raised to 500kpa and your fuel max needs to go up a lot. Now most of your boost is controlled by EBP Sensor. So all your EBP tables need to be raised quite a bit. more back pressure means more boost.