Thread: Slip when in gear

Tuner in Training

Slip when in gear

Hello,

I noticed on my Grand Cherokee Trackhawk light slip when from cruising @ low throttle to minor throttle. It does not shift gears and the slip is up to 100RPM max and then locks. This is in the auto mode and the sport mode, once in Track mode there is no slip noticible. I am searching in the slip tables but when I follow column/row loockup I see no difference in slip table when in Track or auto mode.
    Does someone know the tables to look for to reduce the slip also in auto mode.
    It is either torque depending or accelerator depending slip with a different setting in track mode.

thanks already for any help.

Han

Quote Originally Posted by HanJ View Post
    Hello,

I noticed on my Grand Cherokee Trackhawk light slip when from cruising @ low throttle to minor throttle. It does not shift gears and the slip is up to 100RPM max and then locks. This is in the auto mode and the sport mode, once in Track mode there is no slip noticible. I am searching in the slip tables but when I follow column/row loockup I see no difference in slip table when in Track or auto mode.
    Does someone know the tables to look for to reduce the slip also in auto mode.
    It is either torque depending or accelerator depending slip with a different setting in track mode.

thanks already for any help.

Han

Hello, well, these slipping problems tend to be very common due to lack of pressure. I suppose that in sport mode the gearbox slips less, correct, much better, right? Well, in case it is so, this happens due to pressure. I will leave you my contact information so that we can talk about this by WHATSAPP and my EMAIL for the files I need to see several things

EMAIL: [email protected]
    WHATSAPP: +58 4149648393
    INSTAGRAM: @quickxstep

logo quickstep.png

Tuner
    Hello HanJ,

Not necessarily it is an issue with "lack of pressure". It could be some other points (which I believe it is, once it happens "while crusing" and not while shifting gear).

In case you need professional support, let me know (I have over 100 tunes done with ZF 8HP family).

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785
    Email: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thanks to both you, when logging it became clear what this caused, it is the TCC that went into slip from lock when cruising in low RPM/high gear, then when accelerating it caused slip on the TCC. Modified the TCC speeds tables to solve it. First impression was ok, but more driving is needed.

Tuner
    Sounds good. As I mentioned, other reasons and not "always pressure".