Thread: 16 l83 stage 2 btr cam not reaching commanded idle, stalling randomly.

Tuner in Training

16 l83 stage 2 btr cam not reaching commanded idle, stalling randomly.

hello everyone,I need help.. i have a 2016 silverado 1500. i had some trans issues so while i had it built, i installed a cam, lifters, springs and push rods.. cam required a 4* phaser limiter. i was able to get the truck running somewhat ok, but its not where it should be and im all out experience. im getting a cam over advanced, and commanded idle not met CEL.. as soon as i start it, the idle suddenly dips, then gets up to around 1-1200 range while warming, it will suddenly idle up to around 2 like i hit the pedal quickly, then drops to where it idles around 700 +-.. when at running temp it seems to really pull the idle down when going into gear.. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Id live to drive my truck without it feeling like a turd..
    Last edited by johnwood; 01-28-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Tuning Addict
    A lot has to be massaged in for these cams and depending on how well you want it to drive and act and then whether or not you want it to run the same OE level on ethanol can take some time. If you're interested you can always hit me up.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Got the one today - don't have any history of the other one though...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    no worries. the first email was me just asking questions about how to correlate the log data to the editor to make changes accordingly, and what the vve and vt numbers do, if increased or decreased, and what do they control? as of now i have a tuner working on it and its feelng much better. thank you for getting back to me, i will be sure to reach out in the future, but in the meantime im going to invest in some tuning education, so im not stuck with a bad running truck im afraid to drive...