Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange problem with HPTuners & Windows Vista

Tuner in Training
    So, getting back to the main issue... can we run HPTuners with Windows Vista? I just got a new laptop and that is what it has.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes you can. Guaranteed XP will work better though...I would wait until the rest of the bugs get worked out in vista.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I'd need 1 spongebob & 1 patrick sticker for 1 hpt sticker to make that a fair trade
    DEAL !!!!

DH

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yes you can. Guaranteed XP will work better though...I would wait until the rest of the bugs get worked out in vista.
    Thank-you. I just got a new laptop with Vista but am keeping my old one around so I'll use that for a while.

DH - Naah no Mac envy. I started out with a Commodore Vic20 and wrote my own programs to (get this) cassette tapes... Oh boy, talk about backups...

I do engineery type stuff that Mac's can't/didn't/don't do so MAC/Linux isn't too interesting (pretty but not interesting).

Now if I was a photochop/movie type, MAC all the way... But they make photochop/movie stuff for PC now. Since it's now a MACtel product, who cares what OS as long as my software runs.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    DH - Naah no Mac envy. I started out with a Commodore Vic20 and wrote my own programs to (get this) cassette tapes... Oh boy, talk about backups...

I do engineery type stuff that Mac's can't/didn't/don't do so MAC/Linux isn't too interesting (pretty but not interesting).

Now if I was a photochop/movie type, MAC all the way... But they make photochop/movie stuff for PC now. Since it's now a MACtel product, who cares what OS as long as my software runs.
    I remember trying to learn BASIC on a RadioShack miniature TR something or another.....Long time Ago

BTW: I have some CAD stuff on my MAC by AshlerVellum. And of course AutoCad on my PC partition. I think these days you can run just about any kind of software on either platform.

Really the only difference is the STICKERS

DH

I have had Vista running on my Vista machine (a mac running dual boot) since the 2nd beta of vista.

Look here
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ighlight=vista
    Gen3 Hemi Tuning
    FAST, Holley, AEM, DiabloSport, Mopar Performance
    Resto-mod EFI Conversions and Support

Advanced Tuner
    I am having the same issue.It is really getting aggravating to.I just got a new laptop that came with vista,now I wish that is came with Xp instead.When i open VCM scanner,I click on open config,then when I click computer and program files I do not have permission??WTF Nothing I am doin is lettingme get in and that is where the configs are!??? I just saved them elsewhere and it works great,buit not being able to open program files sucks.lol
    Last edited by vortec; 02-23-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Just a thought. Is your logon account set up as an administrator account? If not, you may be running into these "permissions" issues.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vortec
    I am having the same issue.It is really getting aggravating to.I just got a new laptop that came with vista,now I wish that is came with Xp instead.When i open VCM scanner,I click on open config,then when I click computer and program files I do not have permission??WTF Nothing I am doin is lettingme get in and that is where the configs are!??? I just saved them elsewhere and it works great,buit not being able to open program files sucks.lol
    Just move the Config files (.cfg) to your user folder. I called mine HPtuner Files. I copy all config files and hst files in the histogram folder and things seem to be working fine.
    05 CGM M6
    MP112
    FTI Custom Cam 228/236 .612 .615 116LSA|ECS Crank Pulley
    Alky Control Kit | LPE CAI
    Kooks 1 7/8 LT's | H pipe and FM Orginal 40's
    RPS Clutch Stage 3+ | GMM Race Hurst T Handle
    Hotchkis Sway's | Pedders Track II | BMR Drag Bags
    JHP Gauge Pod | SLP Line Locks

Advanced Tuner
    Thats what I did and works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmike
    Just move the Config files (.cfg) to your user folder. I called mine HPtuner Files. I copy all config files and hst files in the histogram folder and things seem to be working fine.

Advanced Tuner
    Ugh.. This is rediculous. Is this dependent on where you install hptuners in? For instance, if i installed it in C:\Blah\Hp Tuners\VCM Suite.. would it have permission issues navigating to "Blah". It can browse everything else.. This is the first time I've ever encountered this bitch of a problem. I'm going to relocate my files to my user folder anyways. Just am curious as to why this is special to hpt.