Thread: 12216125 Flex DBW to DBC

Tuner in Training

12216125 Flex DBW to DBC

Are all the 12216125 DBW? Can you convert it DBC? It looks like this OS may have more items related to an auto trans vs a manual I am running. Can you disable traction control and torque management, etc... ? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Not finding a lot of info but it sounds like the ETC is the DBW and the BTM is the traction controller? Just set it to zero?

Screenshot 2023-01-29 085413.png

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Not finding a lot of info but it sounds like the ETC is the DBW and the BTM is the traction controller? Just set it to zero?

Screenshot 2023-01-29 085413.png
    That's correct. Change the ETC column value to 0 and the BTM to 0 as well. You'll also want to zero the traction control spark retard vs rpm table as shown below.
    You can also zero the torque reduction vs spark table if you want to eliminate all forms of TM, including trans TM.
    HP Tuners Traction control.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    That's correct. Change the ETC column value to 0 and the BTM to 0 as well. You'll also want to zero the traction control spark retard vs rpm table as shown below.
    You can also zero the torque reduction vs spark table if you want to eliminate all forms of TM, including trans TM.
    HP Tuners Traction control.jpg
    Thanks, I'll get that traction control spark zero'ed out. It is running pretty good now, better than it has been. This is a motor I stuck in my beater Jeep, it is an sm465/NP205 manual, with no VSS. I think I got all of the auto trans stuff disabled and abuse mode turned off. It is aftermarket harness with only mods being shorty (hugger style) headers and decapped 80lb injectors. I don't have the flex sensor wired up yet ,would this cause issues trying to get it leaned out at idle? It is hanging in the 13AFR range at idle. My buddy and mess around some trying to get it right and it seems like we are missing something.... Like if the flex sensor isn't hooked up with goes in a limp mode and over rides our settings. This just came in yesterday, I need to figure out how to wire my wideband in to the logger. I didn't think it would be such a pain to get the new injectors swapped over. I went with 80s because I'd like to run e85 and a truck norris cam (cam later this year). Thanks

Patches- FlexFuel OS- 20230129-02.hpt
    flex fuel OS log -better but not right 20230129-01.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Decapped injectors are at least part of the problem.

Senior Tuner
    The data for those decapped injectors is the issue.

Try lowering the Transient fuel Minimum Fuel Milligrams to 0.018. That will give you some flexibility on the idle AF adjustment.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    The data for those decapped injectors is the issue.

Try lowering the Transient fuel Minimum Fuel Milligrams to 0.018. That will give you some flexibility on the idle AF adjustment.
    getting closer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqnLzWDqC8A