Thread: Torque Converter Tables say read only... Used to have access to them

Torque Converter Tables say read only... Used to have access to them

Hi,

Been using the software for 3 years. Today, went into my transmission tables, specifically torque converter tables to adjust the TCC lockup and a couple of other things, and they say read only and I can not do anything. What the hell HP?
    I've done all the training videos required, and synced my MVPI2 with parameter access and no luck.

Thanks in advance,

Tuner in Training
    its been that way for me since released the parameter access update.I have already submitted a ticket and they said it was suppose to be that way from the beginning. It is really aggravating and anything that is a MAP table is read only.

Quote Originally Posted by MakurFab View Post
    its been that way for me since released the parameter access update.I have already submitted a ticket and they said it was suppose to be that way from the beginning. It is really aggravating and anything that is a MAP table is read only.
    Here is my problem. I created a tune file previous to these being locked out. Found a fat finger in one of the TCC cells. In the meantime, I had new turbo and injectors installed. Injectors have to be written to the ecm. So they were written while the tune file was on the vehicle. I need to undo the fat finger. This presents an issue, because I would have to go start a fresh tune with my stock file, which has the old injector data.

Quote Originally Posted by raceghost View Post
    Here is my problem. I created a tune file previous to these being locked out. Found a fat finger in one of the TCC cells. In the meantime, I had new turbo and injectors installed. Injectors have to be written to the ecm. So they were written while the tune file was on the vehicle. I need to undo the fat finger. This presents an issue, because I would have to go start a fresh tune with my stock file, which has the old injector data.
    Install one of the older versions.

Tuner in Training
    A work around that I do. Pull up a compare file that has the numbers you want in the tables you need to change. Click the edit tab and compare differences and right click on the table you need to change. A new pop out table with options appears. Select the appropriate option for your application and it will import the compare file data into the tune your trying to modify. There is another way to change the tables directly from the editor and not use a compare file but it's a pain the ass. You need 2 computers.i use my desktop that running the original VCM SUITE that came on the HPT USB. But you can't run the beta or update. It allows me to modify the tables like it use to and I just transfer the file to my laptop then upload. Let me know if have any issues.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MakurFab View Post
    A work around that I do. Pull up a compare file that has the numbers you want in the tables you need to change. Click the edit tab and compare differences and right click on the table you need to change. A new pop out table with options appears. Select the appropriate option for your application and it will import the compare file data into the tune your trying to modify. There is another way to change the tables directly from the editor and not use a compare file but it's a pain the ass. You need 2 computers.i use my desktop that running the original VCM SUITE that came on the HPT USB. But you can't run the beta or update. It allows me to modify the tables like it use to and I just transfer the file to my laptop then upload. Let me know if have any issues.
    Hello MarkurFab,
    I am having similar issues. I tried to follow your steps (first approach), but did not work out to me. Could you give more details on steps to add the values in the file (based on compare file with all parameters/values) you have?

Thank you.
    DodgeBoy

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by raceghost View Post
    Can't ya read it with an older version, fix the file, skip this module, and write it back to the tcm?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Tuner in Training

READ ONLY mapping tables work around

I will do my best. this is the quickest if your using the beta version or the most current version using the compare file function. (this method doesn't allow you to change the data in the read only tables rather it imports the data from a compare file as long as its not greyed out.)

1.open the tune file that you want to changed.
    2.open a compare file that has the data you want to import to your current tune. This can be any tune file and it will import all data not just the table data but the column and row data as well.
    3.make sure the MAP table in the tune you want to change is not greyed out, if it is this wont work. So find a different tune that has the data you want already populated.
    a. select the compare tab,
    b. then view comparison log
    c. scroll until you find the table you want to change and right click. (don't forget to expand the tree and select the individual table if needed or it will import everything in that section)
    d. after you right click, choose COPY OVER SELECTED DIFFERENCES and it will import what all data that is in blue at the time you copied over the selected differences into your current tune you want to modify.

2nd method I use the USB stick that came with my HPT that has the original VCM suite that has not been updated at all. I am able to change the READ ONLY tables in real time, BUT you have to remove any other copies of VCM suite on that PC or it will NOT work. It requires you update in order to open a tune. Then I move the modified tune to my laptop via a spare USB or however you move files to a different pc.
    The laptop CAN be running any version or VCM Suite. I have NOT had any issues with my laptop so far doing the method. I don't think it used the beta version when you import to your laptop.

I apologize for not uploading any photos because my adhd does not provide me with the patients needed to take a bunch of screenshots edit and upload. to much work. I was lucky enough to get through this message without saying screw it and walking away.

Hope this helps , its really not that difficult. You just have to know your way around the editor and some trial and error and attention to detail.