Thread: Ramp in rate/PE delay for Truck Norris cam only Silverado?

Tuner in Training

Ramp in rate/PE delay for Truck Norris cam only Silverado?

If somebody doesn't mind tossing a quick opinion to reinforce what I feel like I already know I'd appreciate it. In combing thru a friend's mail order tune for his cam only 2012 Silverado I've noticed the tuner increased the ramp in rate 10 fold (from .005 to 05) and moved the PE delay down to 2,000rpm from the factory 5,000. Surely this is a bit overkill on a cam only setup and I'd think its dumping fuel a tad too much. The truck also has LTFT learning disabled.. hmm. Would someone weigh in? Before you holler I don't have the tune file currently, just some things I'm recalling from memory on his laptop. Thanks

The ramp in rate and rpm delay are just fine.

The throttle percentage is more what you want to look at it. On a truck keep it around 60ish percent, the factory is 87%.

You don't want to have it wait and wait and wait like the factory does when getting into power on a modded engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    No worries there. You just set as you like it, make sure you have the right amount of fuel under load if you want to experience the possible power you can achieve. Use fueling to compensate the engine what it requires, use timing to dial in the power you require, up to what the engine will give you in its current ability.
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---