Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Cannot get rid of TMA occurring when going from cruising to WOT

So far, all the recommended changes have been working very well. So well that I am now having to pull the transmission to have it rebuilt to handle the power (starting to hear some noise). Also upgrading to a triple disc Circle D and before I get it installed, does anyone have any recommended setting for a full lock up converter? Been looking online and it is mostly a matter of opinion on how to set this up. I want it to be locked up any time I go WOT but want to avoid any chatter and drivability issues.

Any suggestions or tunes I can copy form for this specific request?

Tuning Addict
    If upgrading components, make sure to install the upgraded drum and have whomever do the center support pinning. The friction welds on the drum are what go at that power level.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I'm getting the circle D stage 4 with a few upgraded components so basically a stage 5 which will handle upwards of 1,000 crank horsepower

Tuning Addict
    They way behind right now. I've got a guy getting a drag build done and they basically told him better to go with a built 6l90, which has a heavier center support and heavier components so he did. He's been waiting about 3 months so far. Should be ready any day I think... He was doing the same as you with the stage 5. They told him the 90 was good for another 100 horsies... It does open a slight can of worms with the driveshafts and things like that though, so probably not best in your case?
    Last edited by GHuggins; 09-30-2023 at 12:29 AM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

I'm already stretching myself with the tans build and the new triple disc converter. Any idea on the TCM settings for the triple? Want full lock up when I am WOT.

Watched some good videos on trans tuning. Downloaded the blue cat tool and it makes short work. I had the shop go ahead and pull it for me and they already have the transmission out, overlook the paint over spray on the converter.

The new converter and flexplate is going to have 6 bolts so it'll be a bit stronger.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got the trans back in a few weeks ago and while making sure all the fueling was still good, the meth kit died. Bad boost sensor caused the system to see boost at idle and it was dumping meth into the system. Finally got a replacement sensor from Nitrous Express and now waiting for Summit Racing to get me my replacement nozzle since my original one snapped when I removed it. I did wire my cutout to operate a relay that will send power to my solenoid that engages the power nozzle. So when I open my cutout, I see an extra 2psi of boost and it will spray additional meth into the engine so it will not go lean as it is out of fuel at that boost level. I have it set so the power nozzle will only activate with the cut out switch engaged. Ordered a few extra size nozzles to dial it in with the cutout. Its gonna be a fun little power adding button!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lynmup; 11-07-2023 at 11:34 PM.

Question for you guys, with the new triple disc converter, I attempted to log my 0-60 mph time and noticed that it will only go to 2,500 - 2,600 rpms when foot braking. The old single disc would push through the foot brake but the new converter is not going past 2,600 RPMs, even with the foot on the brake and the throttle to the floor. Couldn't find any differences in the tune changes that I could think of to change to allow more RPM when launching. Any advice?

Circle D triple disc 3,400.
    Last edited by lynmup; 11-12-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Post the tune or email it to me if you don't want to post it. Might be able to change some background stuff for you.

~Greg Huggins~

Just got back form a test and tune and figured it out, I lowered my TCC slip error rate and that was the issue. It was allowing too much slip which was not allowing it to rev past a certain limit. Now in 2WD it will break traction just as before so I seems to be good to go. Now I can adjust a little portion at a time until I get the best take off.

Thanks Man!

Tuning Addict
    There's some background limiters for torque on takeoff that might still come into play. If you see it start misfiring or timing jumping up and down or it just feels a little weak for no apparent reason, it's most likely those. Keep an eye out for them. If you have user defined you can email Will and get the xdf and adjust everything yourself.

~Greg Huggins~

I appreciate it GHuggins, I broke down and purchased the +30% FICGDI injectors and have the tune ready once I get them installed. Hoping that will let me add a few mor psi of boost with the extra fuel.

What is the background limiters you are referencing? Luckily, I am not seeing anything out of the normal, only the injector pulse width spike I mentioned in post #105 but I played around with the MBT alcohol adder table and got that to look much better. Just zeroing it out made a better flatter injector curve compared to a hard spike when it was stock and modified. Does that sound correct to you?
    Last edited by lynmup; 11-13-2023 at 11:23 AM.

Tuning Addict
    I've never completely 0ed it out before to know. What little I do know from coders who are able to see what the code ties to is supposedly the mbt tables are used for IVT calcs, cat calcs and egr instances. There are IVT open loop tables, so maybe that's why 0ing it out made the difference?

The mbt supposedly has nothing at all to do with torque or peak engine torque calcs. It's just timing to IVT relation. OR that's what it was on the gen 4's. I assume it stayed the same on the gen V's.

There are accel and traction for brake torque management settings in the background. Basically they will limit torque from what I assume is rapidly changing individual cylinder timing based off of time and speed. They really help out at the drag strip as long as you have the rest of the tune to work with them. For a setup like yours you will need to adjust the throttle area and pedal tables too, especially if you really want it to jump. Just ask Will to give you all the same tables I usually get. If you need help on adjusting them you can email me.

Verlon was the one who helped explain how the aforementioned tables relate to one another and work.

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    ...Just ask Will to give you all the same tables I usually get. If you need help on adjusting them you can email me...
    How do I get this info as I would like for this thing to come out of the hole a bit better than it does.

I compared many other tunes regarding the MBT table and most people had it zeroed out so I tried it and made subtle changes and decided that all zeros seemed to have more control.

***edit***Uploaded my tune for you to look at concerning the tables you were mentioning.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lynmup; 11-13-2023 at 03:40 PM.

Tuning Addict
    I didn't change anything with throttle or pedal, just the torque limiters. I also changed traction control to where when it's off, it's off. Write entire. You'll need to get user defined and email Will to be able to shape the pedal and throttle how you want them. I also changed DD slightly to help with take offs. Just a shot in the dark on that part.

~Greg Huggins~

Thanks, never thought of upping that range for the Driver Demand. Uploading and testing now...

***edit*** A lot more low end grunt but wasn't able to do a solid test due to all the after work traffic. I did up the Driver demand a bit more as it was at 800 and I was seeing near 900 in the logs.
    Last edited by lynmup; 11-14-2023 at 11:08 AM.

GHuggins, Sent you a PM...

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmup View Post
    A lot more low end grunt
    I bet your log will show the same throttle, timing, boost and afr's too. Funny how much different it makes them and it'll still show everything the same I just figure torque management changes the timing to different cylinders so fast that the scanner won't pick it up. Also why you'll see some on rare occasions start misfiring just in first gear on gen V's taking off. Torque converters with higher stalls allowing quicker revs seems to always make it worse.

~Greg Huggins~

When the boost sensor for the Meth injection went bad, it dumped a lot of boost juice into the intake manifold thus fouling all my plugs. I had to turn on the misfires to troubleshoot as it was running very bad. Finally swapped plug wire #8 and it all went away so it is good but I do see 1 to 2 hits when I accelerate but nothing like it was. Was getting over 100 counts and it was sputtering under WOT. Now it does very well.
    Last edited by lynmup; 11-22-2023 at 10:42 PM.

Pulled the intake manifold and fixed a major leak from where it was ported as it was leaking horribly. While it was apart thought it a great time to upgrade to the FICGDI 30%+ LT4 injectors and when I finally fired it up, # 5 is misfiring like a son of a gun. Thought I broke the wires at the connector so I ordered a new one and soldered it in and still have #5 misfire. Swapped coils, plug & plug wires and pulled the intake manifold and reseated the connector to the injectors and still same thing for #5. Attached the last log to show.

It had no misfires before I pulled the manifold for the repair and none of the coils or plug wires were removed so no idea why # 5 is misfiring consistently. Could an injector be causing this? Tomorrow I'm thinking about swapping #5 & #1 injector to see if the problem moves to #1. Otherwise I am at a lost and very frustrated and depressed. Any ideas?

Remember I already swapped the coil, plug, plug wire (twice) and replaced the coil connector and resoldered it twice to make sure I had the wires in the correct order.