Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Cannot get rid of TMA occurring when going from cruising to WOT

Tuning Addict
    Well, either something found it's way into the hole or the new injectors have a problem. I would say injector. Quick compression check would say for sure.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Thanks Man, I went through each injector on the VCM scanner and disabled each injector one by one, when I disabled #5 the truck ran no differently but all other cylinders changed the idle significantly. Going to pull the manifold and swap #5 and #1 and see what happens. If it moves then I'll put my old ones back in and see about a refund or a replacement injector. I was really hoping these injectors would give me the extra fuel I need to make more boost. At least I had to pull the manifold to repair it so it was not a waste of time.

Tuning Addict
    I'll let you know those are a pain to tune but plenty doable. Requires an entire rework of the density and injection pressure tables. The XDI's are pretty much plug in and do some minor density clean up and go injectors. Might want to get some of those in the 60's and let her rip
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Bad injector! Swapped #5 to #1 and #1 is showing as misfire. Put my old ones back in and she purrs like a kitten. Unfortunately, a wire broke inside of my snow meth boost sensor connector so I repaired it but ordering a new one just in case. Hoping I can get a refund on these injectors. Not taking it apart for the 5th time so they are gonna have to suck it up and give me a refund. If they only send me a new injector then I guess I'll install them later but would rather not.