Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cannot get rid of TMA occurring when going from cruising to WOT

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You need a map that will read boost such as the zl.
    Thanks for confirming...will post if there are any issues with tuning but probably won't be as you have already schooled me up on what I was lacking.

Tuning Addict
    No problem. Glad I could help
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Great info.. Just finished some work on a 2018 LTZ and got a remote tune from
    GPI. Engine run great but unhappy with the shifting. May need to drive up and visit
    one day..

Just notice something odd while data logging tonight, I have my WOT shift set to 6,500 for all Normal and all other patterns but it isn't shifting until I almost hit 7,000. I typically never seen this go more than 50 over the limit in most cases.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuning Addict
    Lower the shift speed. Should be something around 28 to 33 with a converter for 6500
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

When I changed the tire size it automatically calculated what's shown so I will adjust it a few miles down to see if it helps. Thanks for the pointers GHuggins.

I looked at the log and made the below determination;

1-2 down 3 MPH
    2-3 down 4 MPH
    3-4 down 5 MPH

This is what I did compared to what it allowed. Not enough room to shift into 4th. If I set the shift speed too low will it then use the RMP limit? See the original tuner calculation compared to my proposed settings? Don't want it to cut of too early and shift at 6,000 RPMs.

Tuning Addict
    Unfortunately you'll just have to play with it. It's most likely going to want less mph to get right than that. Just add 2mph to what you had before the tire change and test from there

The install has begun...

Decided to call it a night due to all the tedious work involved but tomorrow I'm going to clock the turbo, get all the piping installed and hopefully get it crunk and start the tuning.

She is all done and installed but when trying to go into HP tuners to turn off the rear O2's these areas are greyed out. When did this happen and how am I to turn it off. I am using the BETA version as the newest version wasn't allowing me to update the Virtual Torque tables. If I cannot turn these off, only other option is use an old tune that had them turned off and copy over the other differences but that would be a lot of updating.

I can post the tune if someone can turn these off for me. It will be a very rough draft tune at the moment as I'm attempting to build the VVE table for the fuel I have not used yet....

Tuning Addict
    Open old tune - Compare with new tune - view comparison log - copy all differences. Only thing it won't copy are the hidden items and the dtc's.

~Greg Huggins~

Open old tune - Compare with new tune - view comparison log - copy all differences. Only thing it won't copy are the hidden items and the dtc's.
    That was my back-up plan. I uploaded HP tuners with my Device code but that didn't do anything...what was the purpose of the compliance training then?

Any who, I did update the tune as mentioned above and it is good to go. Do have one question though...

For a Turbo set up, I am using a 3 BAR sensor from a CTS-V but am seeing a P2227 Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor performance error. What sensor config should I use for this? I am assuming the TC-TIAP TCIAP. Its a brand new Denso sensor so hard to think it is bad. Due to this the Yukon has a sputter and hesitation and is causing the fueling to be all wacky. See below screen snip for my choose able options.

Suggestions/thoughts?
    Last edited by lynmup; 06-04-2023 at 01:40 PM.

A bit different from the original post but got everything finally working right but noted something weird while out tuning. The attached log show the first WOT run with my cut out closed and everything was smooth and steady but the last WOT was with my cutout open and with more boost, the torque boost and fuel injector pulse width fluctuate at high boost. I am running a 10psi spring but ordered a 14psi spring so I do not have to run at such a high duty cycle. Currently at 85% to get these results. Is this normal for a high duty cycle?

Truck has good power but you can feel it fluctuating when WOT. I did turn down the crack pressure on the boost controller to drop it to 16psi since recording this log but still has the same outcome. Also some minor fuel adjustments as well but not tested or logged yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Might try turning down boost some more just to dial back the airflow. You're right past max pulsewidth/dc of the injectors. You can adjust the soi - use an lt4 or lt5 for reference. This will help with fueling. Then creep the boost back up. Also make sure your plugs are gapped right.

~Greg Huggins~

Might try turning down boost some more just to dial back the airflow. You're right past max pulsewidth/dc of the injectors. You can adjust the soi - use an lt4 or lt5 for reference. This will help with fueling. Then creep the boost back up. Also make sure your plugs are gapped right.
    Thanks Man! Plugs were gapped to .26-.28 and noticed the INJ timing only goes to 1.36 cylinder(g). Does that matter as I am going a bit further than that? I have a stock LT4 file I can use for comparisons but the SOI Base timing is greyed out.

One thing new to me is crack pressure. With a 10psi spring, shows I should adjust 2-3 below that per AEM Tru-boost X gauge I am using. What should this be set to in the boost controller? On wastegate, most I seen is 6.7psi WOT and 9.7 with the cutout open. Cannot really check it so is it typically 2psi under the spring rating? Thanks and keep the knowledge flowing!!

***EDIT*** I was able to open the LT4 tune in another editor window and copy and paste the values. Going to test and update. Still trying to figure out the crack pressure setting.
    Last edited by lynmup; 06-12-2023 at 02:04 PM.

Everything is all sorted out now but not certain why I am showing 5.5ps at 13.2psi on the attached log. This is the peak boost and goes down to 10psi but should not be out of fuel at this psi with the LT4 HPFP, injectors and Armageddon high flow tank pump. With the old ProCharger D1SC, I was pushing over 18 psi and still had enough fuel. Can anyone see something I have not adjusted accordingly? Shooting for 16 -18 psi but not certain that'll happen if I am at the fuel limits which I shouldn't be.

The screen snip shows .76 which I did adjust and pulled some fuel but still didn't make much of a difference in the injector pw.

TQ is low as my laptop froze and I restarted the scanner and did not change the TQ value so it stops at 640 due it reading delivered engine TQ rather than engine TQ.
    Last edited by lynmup; 06-14-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Tuning Addict
    It's not so much boost as it is airflow volume. You can try this, but I don't think it'll get you much. Might help a little, but that'll be about it. Watch out on the hpfp settings - you're right where the lt4's like to start sticking shut, so if you feel a phantom rev limiter...

~Greg Huggins~

It's not so much boost as it is airflow volume. You can try this, but I don't think it'll get you much. Might help a little, but that'll be about it. Watch out on the hpfp settings - you're right where the lt4's like to start sticking shut, so if you feel a phantom rev limiter...
    Out driving it now, I pulled over and am trying your changes...Most of them may possible give that lil edge needed...Thanks Man!

Had a chance to hook up the scanner on the way home and try two quick runs, one with the cut out closed and one with it opened. It did do better with the fuel however a phenomena occurred on the WOT run with the cut out open, I hit the fuel cutout which has never happened before. Nothing in the changes could of caused this so I think it strange, I got back into it again and it pulled fine but right at the 5:43 mark you see the truck his 7,430 and the fuel injectors went to 0. The tune has it set to 7,200 RPM's

No other changes that what GHuggins posted earlier but uploading anyway. Certainly don't want this happening again.

Tuning Addict
    Back the rail pressure down. I've seen that problem with the LT4 injectors a few times. I'm bad to jack rail pressure up near borderline for them too, which is how I know the problem exist You're going to want it to cap around 21 MPa or less then retest. There may even be a designed in pulsewidth timer of some sort since extending the spray time made it do it that we can't see?

On a side note - how are you calculating power and torque or is torque just what's being reported from the model?

~Greg Huggins~