Thread: Focus ST tune help

Potential Tuner

Focus ST tune help

Hey guys so i was messing with my file last night from a previous tune file for my ST and while test driving it seems like it was hitting some kind of turbo? limit at 4k in third gear and also when boosting lower rpm. BOV acting strange as well and like i said if im not mistaken it feels like the turbo itself or something along the lines of how its boosting. ill attach the files below of the two tunes and a short log any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Swiper Channels2.Channels.Channels.xml
    Try these channels and get another data log please

Advanced Tuner
    Don't really see anything wrong in the log per-se, but given the really low KOM value, the system is probably trying to keep load in check by any means (including BPV).

But changing the torque model the way you did is probably causing some weird things to happen when it jumps into those mapped points, modifying the torque model is not the correct way to get more load and usually causes undesired effects.

Also, not to tell you what to do, it's your vehicle, but I really wish people would stop maxing out LSPI tables... They're there to keep you from super knocking your engine to death... It's a pretty important safety feature. If they're a limit, just bump up the high load areas and leave the low RPM alone.

Now I dont know what's wrong at all, but what gear are you using to do these logs? Vehicle speed is really really low, you should be using 3rd, 2k to redline. One nice long smooth log, it looks like you did your pull in 1st.

Potential Tuner
    Take any stock Focus RS tune and use it as a reference. Start from scratch.
    You have non-sense spots in your tune - starting with LSPI table and Air loads. For example:
    image_2023-03-07_132552946.png

Tuner in Training

tuning

I tuned your file try it out its a 93 tune. But take it easy and run VCM scanner watch for KR and St trim fuel. All you have to do is if you have KR go to retard on your graft copy the whole graft and paste it in spark Borderline Optimum Power paste by percentage 1/2 and that will make the right adjustments. When you go to paste it right click and go down to paste by percentage 1/2.. Now for the fuel adjustments click on st fuel trim on graft copy the whole graft and past it speed density paste by percentage 1/2. You will have to do the fuel more times than the timing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by crown159; 03-28-2023 at 06:02 PM.