Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 RXP-X tuning

Advanced Tuner

2019 RXP-X tuning

I got my wideband installed and finally got some good logs with my laptop. For some reason my MPVI3 won't log the wideband channel in stand alone mode. It shows in the config but doesn't show on the logs.

No wonder this thing drinks so much fuel. It looks rich almost everywhere. I'm seeing 11.57 at idle and 11.63 at WOT.

WB04.hpl

My MPVI3 won't log any channels besides the few default ones, no matter what I do, I have given up on it and do logging with the laptop in the storage.

Yeah you're most likely losing RPM with it mid 11s at WOT, full AFR point too rich for stock supercharger. If only you got the WB installed sooner, at least now you know why the RPM is not all there.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
    I got my wideband installed and finally got some good logs with my laptop. For some reason my MPVI3 won't log the wideband channel in stand alone mode. It shows in the config but doesn't show on the logs.

No wonder this thing drinks so much fuel. It looks rich almost everywhere. I'm seeing 11.57 at idle and 11.63 at WOT.

WB04.hpl

yea, Idle should be somewhere around 13.6afr.. and it should be 13.6 all the way up to around 6500rpm when boost starts kicking in and the AFRs should start to get a little more rich.. WOT AFR should be somewhere around 12.6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    yea, Idle should be somewhere around 13.6afr.. and it should be 13.6 all the way up to around 6500rpm when boost starts kicking in and the AFRs should start to get a little more rich.. WOT AFR should be somewhere around 12.6
    Thanks! That's pretty much what I'm aiming for. Now I just need some lake time to dial it in.

Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    My MPVI3 won't log any channels besides the few default ones, no matter what I do, I have given up on it and do logging with the laptop in the storage.

Yeah you're most likely losing RPM with it mid 11s at WOT, full AFR point too rich for stock supercharger. If only you got the WB installed sooner, at least now you know why the RPM is not all there.
    go to OS and Apply Code Modification and Follow instructions it would show you what to do next

WB04.hpl
    i dont see afr in data did you installed the prolink

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    i dont see afr in data did you installed the prolink
    Yes I have the prolink. Spartan3 Actual lambda is in the logs that I see.
    Screenshot 2023-10-06 123813.png

Yes I have the prolink. Spartan3 Actual lambda is in the logs that I see.
    Screenshot 2023-10-06 123813.png
    oh ok i see .. i keep mines on the right hand bottom and add more timing in mid area and lambda should be 0.88 iddle .090 mid cursing 0.91 92 to save gas

Advanced Tuner
    The weather is quickly turning colder here. I'm not sure if I'll get much more time to take it out to work on it until next spring. I have a wetsuit though so hopefully I'll get a few more days.

Advanced Tuner
    I got some lake time yesterday and I think I've got the fueling pretty close now. It's still slow though.
    VEAFR04.hpl

I got some lake time yesterday and I think I've got the fueling pretty close now. It's still slow though.
    VEAFR04.hpl

How healthy is the motor? I think you should be in the 8400-8500 RPM range running 34 degrees of timing. On my '22 I saw 84xx running 33 degrees and just under 8200 running 28.

You still look slow for 82xx RPM. I don't think it's anything to do with the tune, no limiters are being applied, there's something up with your ski hull that's creating drag or reducing jet pump efficiency. Maybe see if the hull->ride plate transition is smooth. Look around the intake grate to see if anything seems strange.

This may be a losing battle though, could be difficult to track down.

Advanced Tuner
    How healthy is the motor? I think you should be in the 8400-8500 RPM range running 34 degrees of timing. On my '22 I saw 84xx running 33 degrees and just under 8200 running 28.

You still look slow for 82xx RPM. I don't think it's anything to do with the tune, no limiters are being applied, there's something up with your ski hull that's creating drag or reducing jet pump efficiency. Maybe see if the hull->ride plate transition is smooth. Look around the intake grate to see if anything seems strange.

This may be a losing battle though, could be difficult to track down.
    I totally agree. I think there has to be a physical issue with the ski of some kind, but I can't figure out what it is. It was running up to 74 mph when it was low on fuel, but I only weight 135 lbs. so I don't really think weight is an issue.

Compression was 130-135 last I checked. These pics are before I changed the impeller. I have put some RTV in any cavities and edges around the intake grate and ride plate for good measure, but it didn't make any difference.

PXL_20230724_224856746.jpg PXL_20230724_224842404.jpg PXL_20230724_224053930.jpg

I totally agree. I think there has to be a physical issue with the ski of some kind, but I can't figure out what it is. It was running up to 74 mph when it was low on fuel, but I only weight 135 lbs. so I don't really think weight is an issue.

Compression was 130-135 last I checked. These pics are before I changed the impeller. I have put some RTV in any cavities and edges around the intake grate and ride plate for good measure, but it didn't make any difference.

PXL_20230724_224856746.jpg PXL_20230724_224842404.jpg PXL_20230724_224053930.jpg
    my stage 1 for your t3 hull would put you in the 78mph with a solas 13/17.5 81-82mph i still think is a lack of tuning dont take it the wrong way lol

Timing is there, fuel is there, throttle is opening fully. There is nothing wrong with the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Timing is there, fuel is there, throttle is opening fully. There is nothing wrong with the tune.
    Have you checked the S/C slip? Your at 12.5 lbs but from some quick googling (so it must be true) you should be about 14 lbs. Even just one more psi could be enough to start sliding it up the rpm scale.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMCNALLY86 View Post
    Have you checked the S/C slip? Your at 12.5 lbs but from some quick googling (so it must be true) you should be about 14 lbs. Even just one more psi could be enough to start sliding it up the rpm scale.

12.5 psi @ 8100 rpm is normal.. slip is fine.

Tuner
    VEAFR04.hpl

your second log had AFR of 12.6 @ 8100 rpm... nothing wrong with the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Is this with a bone stock ski? My logs look nearly identical on my 17 rxp and it is 100% stock outside the tune. I was curious about the slip on my S/C but haven't had any time to check it. I was thinking maybe this is the limit without at least a filter but if there is more I will keep playing I guess.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMCNALLY86 View Post
    Is this with a bone stock ski? My logs look nearly identical on my 17 rxp and it is 100% stock outside the tune. I was curious about the slip on my S/C but haven't had any time to check it. I was thinking maybe this is the limit without at least a filter but if there is more I will keep playing I guess.
    Just basic upgrades. Rear 90 intake, catch can, intake girdle, IMUK delete, 21+ impeller, Fizzle intercooler and hoses with BOV. Stock supercharger slip checked and set to 15 ft-lbs.