Thread: Ls2 e40 swap torque management issues

Potential Tuner

Ls2 e40 swap torque management issues

Hi all
    im having some issues with a swap i did on a 67 gto consist of:

Ls2 with e force supercharger out of o5 corvette
    e40 pcm from a 06 5.3l buick rainier a/t
    rebuilt 6l80e running stand alone tcm-2600
    engine harness started as an aftermarket ls3/6l80 e38 harness that i repinned to use on the e40
    gas pedal is for an 06 tbss or rainier
    running 2 bar os with ford tmap

ive got the tune in the car to run pretty decent i adjusted some of the ve table and some of the maf table along with injector data airflow data etc. The problem is spark torque management, fuel cut torque management and etc torque management keep coming on even after i tried numerous different settings in the torque management tables. I reviewed some of the previous post pertaining to this issue and i believe my solution would be to do a change in os to a 06 ssr m/t. I cannot find an 06 ssr m/t. I have never had to do a complete change in os so this is new to me. Also note that the tcm and pcm do not communicate with each other theyre both running independently of each other. The car starts up fine idles fine and cruises fine even when it acts right i can hit boost but its not consistent half the time torque management wont let me get past 35/40 percent throttle. I found someone say it could be related to the pcm not having a vss input but im not leaning that way because just revving the car i can get the tq management to turn on. I feel that if i could keep the torque management off the car would run great. Just to add im still fairly new at tuning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The auto trans ECM OS is expecting to get info from the T42 that's no longer there. ECM torque management in the auto trans ECM OS doesn't work right without feedback from a TCM. You need a manual trans ECM OS to make this work. You can't just add a hard-wired VSS to an auto trans OS-ed ECM, it won't even look at those pins that are used in manual trans apps. Auto trans OS is expecting a VSS over CAN from a T42 TCM.

Using a 2006 SSR VIN to get the ECM reprogrammed will be the least amount of work. Compatible with existing pedal and TB and ECM service number. VSS can be wired in exactly as if it was a M6 SSR. A sample VIN from a M6 SSR to use in SPS is 1GCES14HX6B121492. No, you can't just flash a new OS using HP Tuners, part of the calibration that needs to be changed is in 2 'hidden' ETC segments that HPT doesn't read or write.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSXABE View Post
    e40 pcm from a 06 5.3l buick rainier a/t
    rebuilt 6l80e running stand alone tcm-2600
    What's the problem to run E40+T43?
    This is a stock combination on Corvette '06.
    It's not a good idea to run C2C transmission without ECM interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by LSXABE View Post
    half the time torque management wont let me get past 35/40 percent throttle
    There is a Trans Default Torque Limit table (like [ECM] 12836 in E38 and others, but not mapped for E40), it comes into action when no comm with TCM is detected.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs

Quote Originally Posted by verlon View Post
    What's the problem to run E40+T43?
    This is a stock combination on Corvette '06.
    So just flash an E38 calibration into the '05's E40?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    So just flash an E38 calibration into the '05's E40?
    Nope Sorry for some inaccuracy, It's been years since this combo went through my hands.

E40 SSR '06 LS2 (24x crank)
    T43 Vette '06 6L80

It's complicated on these trucks (or with the OS from these trucks, more accurately). T43 swap is a major pain even in the '07-ups that had the E67. Requires adapter modules and shit. The '06 is even more complicated. It's been done, but definitely not plug-and-play.

Tuner
    It's complicated on these trucks (or with the OS from these trucks, more accurately). T43 swap is a major pain even in the '07-ups that had the E67. Requires adapter modules and shit. The '06 is even more complicated. It's been done, but definitely not plug-and-play.
    Complicated - yes, impossible - no. There was no additional modules in that swap project.
    2005-2009 OSes is very flexible because of GMLAN transition from ETEI2/PPEI2 to ETEI3/PPEI3. Almost every ECM/TCM combination of that period is possible to pair, just have to toggle some switches and adjust GMLAN message tables.
    I don't like aftermarket modules and standalone controllers, used to solve it in software only.

Would it not be the least amount of work to just... use a manual trans ECM OS and leave the standalone trans controller as-is?

Tuner
    Would it not be the least amount of work to just... use a manual trans ECM OS and leave the standalone trans controller as-is?
    Of course it will

But I really don't like idea of the standalone controller for C2C - burning oncoming clutch every upshift instead of torque reduction and no downshift flaring without torque increasing.