Thread: Sanity check on a LT1 Vortech tune

Advanced Tuner

Sanity check on a LT1 Vortech tune

Okay, car has been running fine but it seems like I'm running out of fuel on the high side. the car is only around 500rwhp and has LT4 injectors on it. Yet, as soon as I get around 5500 rpm the injector pulse width sky rockets and the high side pressure drops. The low side is holding steady. The requested pressure is at 2k but the pressure drops to around 500-600. Changed the pump out with another we had laying around and got the same thing.. I have an LT4 pump on the way but I shouldn't need it. Anyone else have an issue like this? Anyone care to skim the tune?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Does seem to be acting like its running out of fuel, Lowside is good, I did notice your Air/Fuel dropped pretty rich to 11.4-11.5 or so right around the same spot pressure dove pretty low, maybe try leveling out the AFR so its stays up 12.2-12.3 AFR up there and see if that helps it out any

Advanced Tuner
    I think your injection timing could also need some work. Someone more experienced could chime in.

Advanced Tuner
    The car would start to break up like it was running out of fuel and I would get off the gas. I'm going to replace the high side before I go any further just to play it safe.

Tuning Addict
    Might want to upgrade the check valve too. I don't recall where exactly the pressure sensor is in correspondence to the valve, but I do know I've had a couple cause issues on the lt4's with supply...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC