Thread: DTC tuning

Tuner in Training

DTC tuning

Having some trouble turning off DTC's on a 2011 WRX. I uncheck the boxes i want, but the codes still set like i didn't do anything. Anyone else having this issue? Or is it a problem with this ECM?
    Thanks,
    Derek

Tuner in Training
    A lot of DTCs don't actually turn off with Subaru ECUs.. I have an open support ticket for this. It's a real pain on the dyno when you pull the rear O2 to install an AFR sensor for tuning and start popping codes..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua@arcflashllc View Post
    A lot of DTCs don't actually turn off with Subaru ECUs.. I have an open support ticket for this. It's a real pain on the dyno when you pull the rear O2 to install an AFR sensor for tuning and start popping codes..
    Thanks, maybe i need to open a support ticket as well... It worked fine when using the Cobb tuner- probably just a bug in the software. I am going to try rereading the ECU to see if the check boxes are unchecked on the DTC's.

Tuner in Training
    Here is what i got from support, looks like you have to take a class in order to do this:

Thank you for contacting HPT Support.
    WE our software is emmission compliant and some dtc's you have no access to anymore, If you take the 2 emmissions tests this will allow you access to some of the dtc's but not all.
    https://tunertools.hptuners.com/

All you need to do is use your account info and login to tuner tools then go down to classes and take the 2 tests, apply the code in editor and you'll gain access.

Tuner in Training
    No dice, did the class and everything, updated my software and firmware. I reread the car and verified that the codes were unchecked, but they continue to run regardless. Working with support- i will update this as i work through this

Tuner in Training
    I am being told that we can no longer mess with DTC's for any reason by support- bear in mind that this is a competition/race car that never sees public roads:

"Well you've heard of the EPA.

HP Tuners designs and manufacturers software and hardware tools for vehicle diagnostics, scanning, logging, calibration, and data acquisition purposes. The authorized use of such tools is to bring a motor vehicle into emissions compliance and/or to maintain emissions compliance, as well as for use on competition/racing and other exempted vehicles. HP Tuners does not create or provide tunes or pre-made calibrations.
    HP Tuners’ Terms of Use, policies and agreements mandate that users shall comply with all local, state, and federal laws. In using the HP Tuners software and hardware tools, you are representing, warranting, and agreeing not to use, employ or allow any HP Tuners tools to operate as a defeat device or to violate emissions compliance in any manner whatsoever. You further represent, warrant, and agree that the HP Tuners tools shall only be used by manufacturers, calibration businesses and professionals to develop emissions compliant calibrations.

The MPVI family of products are tools used to correctly calibrate a vehicle. Its proper use is to bring a vehicle into emissions compliance or to keep it in compliance. We do not support emissions related deletions of any kind."

Tuner in Training
    My guess is that they are no longer supporting the engine diag tab in the software. So if you get it to work great, if not you are on your own and probably out some credits

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by FixxerAutomotive View Post
    Having some trouble turning off DTC's on a 2011 WRX. I uncheck the boxes i want, but the codes still set like i didn't do anything. Anyone else having this issue? Or is it a problem with this ECM?
    Thanks,
    Derek
    What are the codes? Some of them are "permanent" to the ECU and the disabling of the DTC's on the Engine Diag menu won't actually prevent them from cropping back up. This happened to me with the Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Voltage Low DTC.