Thread: LS7 tune for 2008 Pontiac solstice (CA)

Potential Tuner

LS7 tune for 2008 Pontiac solstice (CA)

Hi. I have a pontiac solstice with a LS7 drivetrain in it and have been struggling for years trying to find someone to help me get the tune optimized and secondly get it compliant with the smog certification process in CA. I am fully aware of the challenges involved, however, I do know of two other cars that have successfully completed that process and mine has similar if not more compliant hardware involved. So, in essence, I am only looking for help to move forward. I don't need to be reminded of the difficulty.
    The two shops that were in normal who could help are no longer and I have phoned a few shops in socal and one of them suggested going through this site.
    If you or someone you know has experience in this area, please post here and let's find a way to connect.
    thanks,
    Jeff K
    San Jose, CA

What’s all done to the ls7??

GM did this swap when these cam out.. was a real monster

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    What?s all done to the ls7??

GM did this swap when these cam out.. was a real monster

nothing is done to the LS7. it is a stock crate engine LS7, with a t56 and ctsv rear diff.

but the tune was done by somebody who "ignored" any part of the OBD2 tests that didn't;t really need to be done for a car to run, but are needed to pass smog in CA. one that comes to mind it the catalytic converter test. it has cats, but the ECM ignores the test.

things like that.

Tuning Addict
    If you just need emissions stuff turned back on then post the tune you've got. I'm sure it can be taken care of.

Otherwise CA has gotten to be a real pita. They won't allow any sort of a tune at all in a lot of areas and has to sound completely stock. Already had one customer that had to put his back to stock to pass - cam and everything removed.

I just fore see people moving out of CA....
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    well it is not as simple as moving sometimes, but setting that aside...

yes, i need someone to complete the tune with every module intact. I am in over my head so i cannot offer the specifics without going through the paperwork, but that is why i am here, trying to find someone to help.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    well it is not as simple as moving sometimes, but setting that aside...

yes, i need someone to complete the tune with every module intact. I am in over my head so i cannot offer the specifics without going through the paperwork, but that is why i am here, trying to find someone to help.
    There are several of us that can help you with that. Ben or Greg or I can get you fixed up. Post your tune when you are ready.

Potential Tuner
    how do i do that? i did not/have never worked on a tune. it was done by a third party.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    how do i do that? i did not/have never worked on a tune. it was done by a third party.
    You'll just need to buy an HP Tuners MPVI3 and you can simply load the tune on your laptop. At that point, we can help you get it dialed in.