Thread: CM2100 Timing

CM2100 Timing

What area / tab do I adjust timing . Theres 10 of them . How does the cm2100 ecm decide what 1 of the 10 it wants to use? Are they staggered by load a certain percent?

Banned
    Same as every other ecm for the Cummins, the table that gets selected is based on air density and which emission system is active

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Same as every other ecm for the Cummins, the table that gets selected is based on air density and which emission system is active
    So I have a 100% stock truck . I want to tune the timing only would a good move be tune every one of the ten tabs ? Adding a certain percent in a positive number to all ten .

Banned
    No, not a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    No, not a good move.
    care to elaborate and tell me what a good move would be in respect to timing adjustments.

Banned
    First step is to data log and learn what operating modes are used and when and how things operate. Then make small adjustments in operating areas once you figure out where it?s operating and what it?s doing. Or you can just put a blindfold on spin around in circles and hope when you throw the dart you?ll hit the board.