Thread: Part throttle Boost issue

Part throttle Boost issue

Hello,

I am having troubles in my tune going into boost and i have had this problem with all 3 motors now.. Every time i get close to 95 kpa it flutters and wont boost. sometimes in a higher gear it will boost smoothly but not in the lower gears. I cant seem to figure out what to change here to allow the car to boost part throttle smoothly. even on this srt4 motor it is doing the same thing. Any suggestions? Tune is below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 5.hpl (209.4 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: hpt 5.hpt (589.2 KB, 16 views)

1st, I don't know these cars at ALL ....so take that into consideration, and I believe your's is a NA Caliber that you swapped over to a turbo ?
    2nd, ask support if they can add table 2560 - High Octane Enabled: Master enable/disable for High Octane Mode, and Tables 35062/35067/35068/35069, it's not going to help you with this issue but some day you might want to run some real good fuel through your Caliber.
    3rd, this tune is not for you to upload, but check it over there are a lot of tables that were matched to 08 SRT4 values that , I don't know it you looked at before, and found that they didn't work for you and your application.
    4th Engine>Airflow>Turbocharger , a lot of those values were matched to 08SRT4 Values.......again I don't remember if you had looked at those values and decided that they didn't fit your application.
    5th, Table 12295 (lean Lambda) I was going to leave as you had it, but My son Benny said, the SRT4 values are very important if you are using the OEM turbo....
    6th Table 35055, might be the cause of your Issue, it's been matched to 08SRT4 Values in this tune[Aa.1(1)]
    7th Engine Diga ,
    I upped Tables 19034&19035 30g/s and -30g/s , force of habit, I think every thing runs better with those values. I left Tables 45641&19021 as you have, Not sure if you had to do some messing around with map/baro to get things to work...but SRT4 values are 4.92v(45641) and .95v(19021)
    everything else you have in Engine Diga , I left as you have them, there "larger values then stock SRT4.

Again look over the tune, all changes are listed in Calibration Details
    Attached Files Attached Files
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Quote Originally Posted by CaliberGuy05 View Post
    Hello,

I am having troubles in my tune going into boost and i have had this problem with all 3 motors now.. Every time i get close to 95 kpa it flutters and wont boost. sometimes in a higher gear it will boost smoothly but not in the lower gears. I cant seem to figure out what to change here to allow the car to boost part throttle smoothly. even on this srt4 motor it is doing the same thing. Any suggestions? Tune is below.
    what is the setup ? i tune calibers everyday so i can tune you or sell you a solid base map

Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    1st, I don't know these cars at ALL ....so take that into consideration, and I believe your's is a NA Caliber that you swapped over to a turbo ?
    2nd, ask support if they can add table 2560 - High Octane Enabled: Master enable/disable for High Octane Mode, and Tables 35062/35067/35068/35069, it's not going to help you with this issue but some day you might want to run some real good fuel through your Caliber.
    3rd, this tune is not for you to upload, but check it over there are a lot of tables that were matched to 08 SRT4 values that , I don't know it you looked at before, and found that they didn't work for you and your application.
    4th Engine>Airflow>Turbocharger , a lot of those values were matched to 08SRT4 Values.......again I don't remember if you had looked at those values and decided that they didn't fit your application.
    5th, Table 12295 (lean Lambda) I was going to leave as you had it, but My son Benny said, the SRT4 values are very important if you are using the OEM turbo....
    6th Table 35055, might be the cause of your Issue, it's been matched to 08SRT4 Values in this tune[Aa.1(1)]
    7th Engine Diga ,
    I upped Tables 19034&19035 30g/s and -30g/s , force of habit, I think every thing runs better with those values. I left Tables 45641&19021 as you have, Not sure if you had to do some messing around with map/baro to get things to work...but SRT4 values are 4.92v(45641) and .95v(19021)
    everything else you have in Engine Diga , I left as you have them, there "larger values then stock SRT4.

Again look over the tune, all changes are listed in Calibration Details
    Thank you for the detailed information and i will take a look into this later to see if it helps.

Also this is now mods are
    Csrt4 motor
    20g turbo
    Csrt4 injectors
    Aem340lp pump
    1.8 caliber ecm

I have requested the following tables. And yes that pedal area seems to be exactly what i was looking for. I also swapped out my 3 bar map sensor i bought from mopar to the one that came with the csrt4 motor and it has not been giving me the lighting bolt anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliberGuy05 View Post
    I have requested the following tables. And yes that pedal area seems to be exactly what i was looking for. I also swapped out my 3 bar map sensor i bought from mopar to the one that came with the csrt4 motor and it has not been giving me the lighting bolt anymore.
    Sounds awesome, I looked at yours and rays, look at your injector lbs also , yours still has the 1.8l numbers, if you’re running the set4 66(?) lbs injector , change to those numbers in your tune
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    Sounds awesome, I looked at yours and rays, look at your injector lbs also , yours still has the 1.8l numbers, if you?re running the set4 66(?) lbs injector , change to those numbers in your tune
    yup yup.

I do? Are you talking about Flow Rate? I changed it to 48lbs as it was running better then the 62lbs unless i am missing something.

under fuel - general - flow rate - flow rate

Nope that’s it, if it rid better @the lower rate , leave it.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Still have the same problem. It reacts differently every time. here is a short of the bouncing. Not as bad as the one in the tune but this is what it dose on the boost gauge. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jT2GuTAi00c