Thread: Newbie request for help / 1978 F100 w 2014 Mustang GT Coyote

Potential Tuner

Newbie request for help / 1978 F100 w 2014 Mustang GT Coyote

All,
    I want to thank you in advance for any advice. I have searched this forum and the web w/ little to no results. Partly because I am new to tuning. Been looking at alot of videos. The tuning community seems to be awesome.
    To my issue: I have a 2014 Mustang GT Coyote in a 1978 F100. My cousin is savvy w/ tuning but not an expert (and he lives 300 miles away). He adjusted the stock tune but it runs REALLY fat. It idles but not good. Throttle response is very slow. We adjusted the MAF Airflow vs Period but seemed to make no difference.

The changes from bone stock are as follows:
    Stock Boss Intake
    PMAS CAI for 2015 - 2020 F150 (w/ 5.0 of course)
    No Catalytic Converters
    3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflows

I am just looking to get it running like it should. Currently too rich and no manners. I have included my current file in case one of you might have a suggestion.
    Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    All, I am just looking to lean it up a little. I am not sure how, exactly to do this. It has not been driven so there are no logs. I don't want to drive it because it is so rich.
    MAF vs Period table?

Advanced Tuner
    Theres plenty of tunes that have been posted with the pmas data id start with using good known maf period table data then drive with vcm log and log stft and ltft and let it build a histogram and dial it in . ive seen before many get darn close starting with stock maf period data and multiple the table by 1.94 and it usually gets you dam close. give that a try and log it to dial it in the rest of the way there

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Bill88Stang. I'll try it.

Advanced Tuner
    No problem , I’ve tried it myself on my 16 with stock data and just 1.94 to the whole table on the pmas and it’s and dang good start. Let the histogram populate the rest while driving around and all to dial it in the rest of the way

Potential Tuner
    Yeah. So I gave that a try and it was still wayyy too rich. I re-loaded the stock MAF numbers and it started and idled good...not great but good...until it got warm. Then it would not stay running. I am attaching my log (I drove it around the 'hood) in hopes that maybe something is obvious to one of you veteran tuners.
    Attached Files Attached Files