Thread: 08 Suburban. C0660 Level control exhaust valve code triggering stabilitrack?

Potential Tuner

08 Suburban. C0660 Level control exhaust valve code triggering stabilitrack?

Hey guys I would like to say thanks in advance for any help with this issue.
    I have a few years experience as a mechanic and I'm new to this platform and tuning in general

I have an 08 Suburban 5.3 LTZ. completely stock other than DOD deleted, rear air bags deleted and shocks in place.
    Stabilitrack will randomly trigger and put the engine into limp mode daily. Scanned for DTCs and found these two issues

P2138 Throttle pedal position sensor
    C0660 Level control exhaust valve circuit malfunction

I have replaced the TPPS and still have the same DTC, all good and clean connections. Now for the C0660 I unable find it in engine diagnostics to report no error. When the vehicle goes into limp mode the DTC that shows up is the C0660 and the P2138 will rarely show up.

has anyone seen this before? also can anyone shed some light on this C0660 code and how I can possibly disable it?

thank you once again for your time.

Senior Tuner
    You need to check the codes, especially the C0660 to that particular vehicle service manual. Internet says that on some GMs that is a vehicle ride height adjustment code. I don't know if that would cause stabilitrack issues, but it seems possible.

The P2138 can be more than just the actual sensor and GM has a TSB for some issues.
    https://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.co...07-06-04-019e/

Also this (may be old/superseded with a real bulletin, my eSI is way outdated):

#PIP3783B: Reduced Power Message And Accelerator Pedal Position Code - keywords 5.3 6.0 6.2 6.6 accel acceleration APP DIC DTC engine LC9 LMG LY5 LY6 L92 mode no P2120 P2122 P2123 P2125 P2127 P2128 P2138 RPM - (Nov 20, 2007)

Subject: Reduced Power Message and Accelerator Pedal Position Code

Models: 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade
    2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
    2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon Denali

This PI was superseded to update models and engines. Please discard PIP3783A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
    Condition/Concern:

The customer concern may be a SES light on with a reduced power message.
    Recommendation/Instructions:

Complete the current SI diagnostics for any symptoms or DTCs found. If the vehicle was brought in for a reduced power message and DTCs P2120, P2122, P2123, P2125, P2127, P2128, or P2138 were found, inspect connectors C109 and C205. Connector C109 is located on the left side of the engine compartment below the underhood fuse block. Connector C205 is located under the Upper Instrument Trim Panel. To access connector C205 use the SI procedures for Instrument Panel Upper Trim Panel with Windshield Defroster Nozzle Grille Replacement.

Inspect all terminal and pin fits at connectors C109 and C205. Make sure the connectors are properly seated and locked. Make necessary wiring repairs following SI procedures.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Potential Tuner
    Awesome. thank you.