Thread: PLX Wideband O2 Opinion with Module

Tuner in Training

PLX Wideband O2 Opinion with Module

I know I need wideband for tuning my 2019 LD Silverado. I like the idea of the PLX SM-AFR wideband Combo setup with the "normal" O2 range and the serial Wideband O2 conversion module. This way I only need to install the wideband O2 in the exhaust and can use the 0-1 for normal O2 running/connection plus plug in the USB/serial for wideband O2 logging with my laptop. Also I do not have pro MVPI so this would give me the inputs to properly tune. Does anyone have a perspective or experience with this setup? If so, your input will be greatly appreciated. I want to do my tuning on the stock configuration for experience and understanding before the headers, then non-DOD cam swap and other planned changes. So the plan is stock non-DOD tune optimization, then tune for the headers, then tune for the new cam (undecided which cam yet) and then figure out what else I want to do if I need stupid horsepower. I am a process control engineer with lots of chemical and power plant PLC and DCS tuning so this is the tuning methodology I use at work. I don't like to make a bunch of physical changes all at once. Thanks in advance.
    Bernie Pella
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I purchased a SM-AFR from PLX devices in January 2023, I didn't install it until April, It didn't work out of the box, I went back and forth with the "tech" he was convinced it was the O2 sensor, he wouldn't cover it, so I bought another sensor, he gave me free shipping and 10% off. that took another 10 days. I finally sent it in for warranty, shipping was at my expense. it arrived in California may 18th 2023, it's now July 27th 2023 and I still have not received it back. the "tech" says they are busy and are having supply issues even though I see the have some for sale. I asked speak with his manager and he told me he was the manager. I know this didn't answer your question, but I thought I would share my experiences with you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jayseppi View Post
    I purchased a SM-AFR from PLX devices in January 2023, I didn't install it until April, It didn't work out of the box, I went back and forth with the "tech" he was convinced it was the O2 sensor, he wouldn't cover it, so I bought another sensor, he gave me free shipping and 10% off. that took another 10 days. I finally sent it in for warranty, shipping was at my expense. it arrived in California may 18th 2023, it's now July 27th 2023 and I still have not received it back. the small world cup says they are busy and are having supply issues even though I see the have some for sale. I asked speak with his manager and he told me he was the manager. I know this didn't answer your question, but I thought I would share my experiences with you.
    much appreciated your recommend.