Thread: Tune Help - 2012 Silverado 5.3L DOD / VVT Delete & BTR Cam

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation Tune Help - 2012 Silverado 5.3L DOD / VVT Delete & BTR Cam

Hi guys,

Been using HP Tuners since the beginning but never really got into the Gen 4 stuff. I mainly tune Gen 3 LS (with WB 02) and have tweaked a few early Gen 4 LS. Don't really tune like I use to, not up on all the latest trends.

A friend of mine has a 2012 Silverado 5.3L, lifter failed so he bought a BTR kit to do a DOD and VVT delete along with a BTR cam. Cam Specs are 212 218 111lsa. Truck is his daily driver, all the work is done, just need some basic tuning so he can drive it back and forth to work.

The only mods are the new cam and a catback. Still using the OEM intake box and OEM exhaust manifolds and cats.

Anyone willing to share a file to get him up and running or have any links for info/videos to get me going in the right direction? Just not familiar with the Virtual Torque. Once I get it up and running, I'll be tuning the VVE table with my WB 02.

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated.

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Senior Tuner
    You will not need to worry about Virtual torque on this one.

Start with the VVE table, get it ironed out, then MAF if you wish. These are pretty easy to get nailed down.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    I have dozens of examples. Feel free to email or PM me. [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I sent you an email about ten minutes ago