Thread: 2010 Camaro Bosch ECU

Potential Tuner

Question 2010 Camaro Bosch ECU

Hello, I am new to this forum so I apologize if this post asks questions that are answered elsewhere. I have a 2010 Camaro LT and I was considering a custom twin turbo set-up for it. I started reading posts in the camaro5 forums and there were a couple people saying that the Bosch ecu is a huge bottle neck for modifying the 5th gens. The posts though, were from years ago and I didn't see any newer posts saying if the issues with tuning these cars were resolved or not. So I was hoping that someone could update me on that situation. I'm trying to keep hope alive, but if I turbo the car and can't maximize the gains because the ecu isn't tunable, then I guess it would be pointless. Thanks for any answers, and I apologize again if this question was already answered elsewhere.

Advanced Tuner
    The biggest problem with this ECU + Engine is they don't use a MAP sensor so the ECM can't detect boost.

Twin Turbo 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    The biggest problem with this ECU + Engine is they don't use a MAP sensor so the ECM can't detect boost.
    Is there a way to add a MAP to the system ? Or use data from MAF and O2 to make this work? I am in the process of installing twin turbos on my 2010 rs motor. I'm gonna make it work, I may have to break out everything and run it off relay logic. But it's gonna run.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Is there a way to add a MAP to the system ? Or use data from MAF and O2 to make this work? I am in the process of installing twin turbos on my 2010 rs motor. I'm gonna make it work, I may have to break out everything and run it off relay logic. But it's gonna run.
    Sure thing, just write your own custom operating system from scratch. Have to reverse engineer all the hardware first though, I'd guess. How hard could it be?

Actually, you might need to add a few new components to the board. Stuff to read the sensors you'd need might not be in there. Still nothing other determined, skilled hobbyists haven't been able to accomplish.