Thread: Heat soak , MAF tuning and open loop gains

Advanced Tuner

Heat soak , MAF tuning and open loop gains

So I'm having trouble deciding what to do with all the open loop gain tables when tuning for MAF only

What do you guys do? Leave them as is or set them all to 1.00? ( returning back when tuned )

I've heard it both ways so I'm curious.

E67 on an LSA using WB for the error and heat soak is a real issue.

I'm aware of the ITT needing based out before logging. I'm usually under 120*F when starting a log.

Tuning Addict
    Leave the IVT multipliers and open loop tables as is - don't set to 1's. The IVT table is used for open and closed loop. The main table you need to dial in is your inj tip temp table under the main fueling tab. That should pretty much fix all of your hot start fueling problems. Only if need be you can use the IVT multiplier for cold start to warm start before inj tip temp gets to normal fuel addition
    Last edited by GHuggins; 02-09-2023 at 05:54 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Leave the IVT multipliers and open loop tables as is - don't set to 1's. The IVT table is used for open and closed loop. The main table you need to dial in is your inj tip temp table under the main fueling tab. That should pretty much fix all of your hot start fueling problems. Only if need be you can use the IVT multiplier for cold start to warm start before inj tip temp gets to normal fuel addition
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm tuning the MAF again and after a few successful flashes, the engine heat soak tends to skew the logs. I have all the gains to 1.00.
    I'll put them back. It seems the last time I tuned the MAF with the tables stock, there wasn't so much of this problem. Hot starts are fine with the tune otherwise.
    Just wondered if others 1'd the OL tables for the gen IV E67. Doesn't seem so.
    Thanks Huggins
    Last edited by marksrig; 02-09-2023 at 06:40 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Just an update to anyone following. I reset the OL to stock except for the Offset vs. Inj.Tip Temp I cut that by .5 since my injectors are twice as large as stock. MAF tuned really nice up to what was safe for the road I was on. For now, it's good to move over to the VVE and double check that. I wanted to check the MAF and VVE because when I had E70 burning, the AFR was about 10% lean compared to gasoline. Stoich table is correct so I contacted FIClinic and found that I had missed a table I should've 1'd out. My Flow Rate Mult vs. MAP was stock, now it's 1's. Not sure if it will affect the flex tune or not seeing as it's a different viscosity. Didn't seem to make a drastic difference to the MAF either. I feel that I shouldn't have to adjust the stoich table for E85 and interpolate to gasoline. It should just work. Well once I've burned the Gas in the tank on the VVE, I'll refill with my E and see if anything changed.