Thread: MPVI2 WORKS, MPVI3 doesn't

Tuner in Training

MPVI2 WORKS, MPVI3 doesn't

I have an 02 Sierra with turbo LM7.
    I lost my MPVI2, so purchased a new MPVI3. My software recognizes it until it is plugged into OBDII port. Port is 100% functional, tested with voltmeter, scanner, and my friends MPVI2. We tried everything, swapping cables, 3 laptops etc. We actually pulled the tune with my friends MPVI2.
    Anyone have anything similar happening, and if so what was the issue?
    I have reinstalled software over 10x. Have resynched even more.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I did just send Eric the info log.

Tuner in Training
    So I just got unit back today. No info on what was wrong or anything but it works! I pulled a log and hopefully someone can help me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottietoohottie View Post
    So I just got unit back today. No info on what was wrong or anything but it works! I pulled a log and hopefully someone can help me.
    It was a hardware failure, we replaced it under warranty.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Bill. I certainly appreciate it.

Hello I have the 3 also and pretty much the same thing here had a tune in it already that was close i had someone write. Then i got the 3 for myself and thought i could adjust a few things and make it happy. Then when I went to write it loads goes threw 2or 3 other screens then BAM locks up and times out this is a bran new unit 3 days old and no one but me has ever used it. Now my truck is a paper weight. I cant even get my tuner guy to send a new file cause this thing won't work. Yes aftermarket radio un hooked and battery on the charger and fully charged lap top that dont drain when turned on. any info as to why this would happen would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Open a ticket for assistance from them.