Thread: 2011 F150 3.5 EB tune

Tuner in Training

2011 F150 3.5 EB tune

hey everyone, i am attempting my first tune on an ecoboost and i would be very grateful for some input. the truck is stock, just looking for a mild performance tune that will wake it up a bit. if anyone could give me some pointers? my stock file is attached. thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    What fuel do you plan to run and are you going to add a catch can and an intercooler?

Tuner in Training
    Yes I am adding a catch can, but as of right now I'm running 89 octane fuel. The truck is already intercooled from the factory.

Advanced Tuner
    Factory intercoolers heatsoak badly and fast, you'd probably gain 40+HP on average with just an intercooler and the stock tune... lol
    At least they do on the Mustang, don't know about the trucks, but I'm sure they suck equally.

Tuner in Training
    noted. thanks for that tip. any ideas how i can squeeze some extra ponies from the EB with the tune though?

Advanced Tuner
    I would start by doing some logging, see what exactly is holding it back.
    From factory, most of the time there are going to be some limiters that will typically limit either driver demand (what the throttle pedal is requesting) or air load (a load value usually based on incoming air mass).

I've attached a logging channel list for the last F150 I worked on, it was a 2015 2.7, but I think most of those PIDs should be ok on the 2011 3.5

I would love to get a little more specific, but all the V6's I've done were helping with tunes already in process, so I don't have any logs of a stock tune on hand.

Tuner in Training
    hey i really appreciate the PID list. i will get some datalogs as soon as possible and post them. maybe you can give me some better information with some logs to look at

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    What fuel do you plan to run and are you going to add a catch can and an intercooler?
    Hey reubone, think you can give me some pointers on where to start with this tune?

Advanced Tuner
    Sure let me give it a look over

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgramling524 View Post
    Hey reubone, think you can give me some pointers on where to start with this tune?
    11 f150Start.hpt

This is where I would start. I wouldn't expect anything dramatic first run. All if not most of the limiters have been elevated to give more room for power increase. Now go drive it and log all of your vitals and sources. Find out what limiters are still there and move them to suit your comfort level.

Tuner in Training
    i really appreciate that man.

Tuner in Training

tuning

I tuned your file.

Potential Tuner
    do i need to change anything to put this on a 14 3.5 i know ford changed a little bit between them?