Thread: Transferring HP Tuners from one laptop to another > problem

Transferring HP Tuners from one laptop to another > problem

I had HP Tuners working perfectly when it was loaded on my old Windows 10 laptop.

Now I got rid of the old laptop and tried using HP Tuners on my new laptop (also using Windows 10)

I downloaded the HP Tuners suite and transferred my tunes all into the new laptop.

I can open the tunes and look at them, [but] it won't let me save any changes I try to make to the tune.

So, I followed the instructions, connected my MPVI2 to my new laptop, and entered my S/N and verification ID while logged into the HP Tuners website.

After doing this, I get a message that says "Interface is Already Imported" ... but I still can't change the tune like I was able to do before.

Any idea as to what is wrong here.

Thanks .. Ron

Well ... My problem is fixed

A good friend of mine that is a computer programmer and uses HP Tuners on his own twin turbo 98 Z28 came to my aid. He found out that I did in fact install the HP Tuners suite, [but] that I failed to install the required drivers.

He had me install the drivers and everything is working great now.

I thought all I needed was the HP Tuners suite ... silly me !

Potential Tuner
    Which drivers where you missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Daigs85 View Post
    Which drivers where you missing?
    I forgot to install the drivers that are shown right below the 'VCM Suite' software found on the HP Tuners website .. Called 'Download MPVI2 Drivers'.

https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/

Tuner in Training
    Didnt u have to upgrade to mvpi 2 if u had 1. i tryed to instull mvpi to another computer and it wouldnt let me do it without upgrading to 2 for 500 buucks