Thread: DTC Fault Class TYPE1 - 15 meanings

Tuner in Training

DTC Fault Class TYPE1 - 15 meanings

Can anyone give a clear answer to what EACH of these settings are on a 2006 Dodge Viper. The choices under engine diagnostics is Fault Class Type 1-15 and disable.

I would like to know what each TYPE is. I cannot find a clear answer anywhere.

Thank you!
    Brad

Tuner in Training
    So here is the response I received from support... Considering they created the settings I am not sure how they could not know what the settings mean...

My tune is just fine. I am simply wanting to know what each Fault Class Type stands for... My viper has 1-15 and disable. They have to mean something??

Bill Henn (HP Tuners)

Feb 16, 2023, 1:58 PM CST

Thank you for contacting HP Tuners support Brad

From your description of the issue, it seems like you’re having trouble with the calibration of your vehicle, and not the product itself. Our Support team provides expertise on the HP Tuners product and software, but we don’t currently extend into best practices for tuning with our device. We do host a forum where many tuners congregate to share files and experiences though, often our customers find the answers they’re looking for there. https://forum.hptuners.com/

With that said unfortunately that is not information that we have, sorry.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone ever got response to this question? What 1-15 numbers in software mean?