Thread: Scanner Loading Random Data?

Scanner Loading Random Data?

After making a run and stopping the scanning the scanner will automatically save the log file, and the log will also stay active in the scanner, however, if I close the log and load the automatically-saved file, the data between the two are different. They're the exact same file - the just-completed log and the auto-saved file - but for some reason the data is different. Below are screenshots of when I had just completed the run and stopped scanning (first pic) and the same log but loaded a few minutes later (the auto-saved one; second pic). Is this normal? Timing issue of some sort? Same layout, channels, charts, graphs, etc.

For the most part the numbers are similar, but some go from positive to negative or vice versa, or from big to small. I typically adjust my tune based on the just-completed log (what's in the scanner after hit Stop Scanning), but lately I've been going from rich to lean to rich, etc. every time I make an adjustment - just going around in circles (using paste by % - half). Wonder if this is related?

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Your graph is filtered. What filters do you have for that graph?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Edit: just dawned on me that some filters are looking forward in time - I guess this would change the data?

I'm also nearly 100% sure that the filters were the same between the two files, but I no longer have the just-completed log open to triple check so now I might question myself... Did make a change to the filters recently, but I just tried removing that change on the auto-saved file and the data in question is still different.

Seen this happen a few times now, and I'm pretty diligent in making sure any changes made to the scanner are saved, always saving the overall layout last (not to mention I'm not making changes to the filters every time). I typically leave the Scanner open between runs and just close the current/latest log before starting another, so I wonder if any changes to the layout are not carried over, and I should restart the scanner and then load the latest layout before each run? Going forward I'll open a second instance of the Scanner and load the auto-saved file to see if everything matches, and double check that the graphs and filters are the same between the two files.

Anyway, filters for this particular graph are:

[50010.242]>170 & [50091.155]>0 & [2517.161.avg(200)]=0 & [2517.161.avg(-200)]=0 & (abs([50090.156.slope(1000))+abs([50090.156.slope(-1000)]]))<2 & [50156.156]=0 & [50158.156]=0

ECT > 170 deg f;
    Accelerator pedal > 0%;
    Torque management spark (average) = 0;
    Throttle position (rate of change) < 2%;
    STFT's = 0% (using wideband at the moment).
    Last edited by KillboyPowerhead; 02-12-2023 at 05:38 PM.

Forward in time filters only work during playback, not during live scanning.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Forward in time filters only work during playback, not during live scanning.
    I am having this exact same issue (saved scan does not match original scan).
    I do not have any filters in the graph.
    I have shut down the VCM Scanner completely and restarted it for my scans.

Has anyone determined what may be causing this issue?

Thank You
    Dennis