Thread: Audi ZF TCU Tuning question/part throttle, low load options

Potential Tuner

Audi ZF TCU Tuning question/part throttle, low load options

After waiting on a popular VW/Audi tuner to release their TCU option, buying it and then being sorely unsatisfied i find myself here. Anyone who has owned a vehicle with this gearbox knows how shift happy they are. In normal driving situations, low load and throttle position situations you will find yourself in 5th gear at 35/40MPH, with the gearbox shifting all gears at 2400 RPM(this is sport mode, even
    Lower in normal mode). I made the assumption that the TCU tune would help this, only to find out after buying it and running it that they do not touch the non full throttle mapping at all.

Is it possible to alter the low load, non full throttle mapping of this gearbox with HPTuners equipment? I know most ppl are looking to gain better 0-60 or 1/4 mile times, I however am looking to get this box to behave more like a normal Audi box, shifting at around 3kRPM in normal around town driving.

Vehicle: 14 SQ5 3.0T 034 ECU,TCU dual pulley, HE

Thanks in advance!!

yes

drop a copy of your stock file here

Potential Tuner
    I haven’t gotten nearly that far yet. I am just in the gathering
    Info on how HPTuners works, deciding if that is the route I want to go etc. phase.

Tuner in Training
    You can definitely do all of that and more with hptuners. for the ZF at least

Quote Originally Posted by boostboy View Post
    You can definitely do all of that and more with hptuners. for the ZF at least
    This!

Tuner
    Hello Airedoutsq5,

Yes, it is possible to change whichever throttle position you want.

I can support you in it.

I just sent you a private message.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.

Email: [email protected]