Thread: 03 Escalade LQ9 with Truck Norris NSR Cam, idle surge.

Tuner in Training

03 Escalade LQ9 with Truck Norris NSR Cam, idle surge.

Just got done performing my cam swap last night.

I have a K&N air intake, no other mods.

Idle is set to 875rpm across the board.

Attaching my tune, log and scan config.

It sounds rough.... It did start up and run for 2 seconds and die on the stock tune, so maybe I made too many adjustments right off the bat.

I am using MPVI Pro, so using an older version of hptuners 4.0.6 as I have heard too many horror stories of firmware upgrade bricking their MPVI Pro.

Thanks in advance!

Senior Tuner
    Try adding 5 gms/sec across the board to the base running airflow table, then increase the desired IAC area max to 200.

That will allow it to start up and idle.

Senior Tuner
    Post your stock file too. Need to see what all you have changed.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like it definitely wants some idle airflow, As kevin87turbot said.

Tuning Addict
    Just looking at your history logs, it really doesn't look like you changed a whole lot - especially anything to cause a problem other than where you took some fuel out which it may wind up needing when all said and done, but possibly why it isn't firing now.

Primarily your going to need to do like Kevin said and add some air. You'll probably want to play with the iac settings too with the cam. Also doesn't hurt to post the stock file just to make sure something wasn't overlooked like 2x said.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Here is the stock tune.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, got it ironed out. Idling good and took it for a test drive. It is night and day difference with the new cam.

Tuner in Training
    post a log when you get the chance, its a similar setup to mine and I want to compare some numbers if you don't mind

Tuner in Training
    Here is my log of me driving around. I had to add more air to the base table. I didn't realize it was stock still in my initial post. I thought I had modified it. It runs good now. Idles around 850 and doesn't push through the stock converter at a stop. I would love to get it to idle around 650 smoothly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by alaska_guy View Post
    Here is my log of me driving around. I had to add more air to the base table. I didn't realize it was stock still in my initial post. I thought I had modified it. It runs good now. Idles around 850 and doesn't push through the stock converter at a stop. I would love to get it to idle around 650 smoothly.
    thanks man, given the similar load/rpm Conditions my MAF readings tend to be ~10-12% lower. Its not an apples to apples comparison, but its something.

If you have a log of a WOT pull that would be great as well.

My 6.0 with the truck Norris idles almost as smooth as stock at 780 rpm. i may drop it down a little. I like the sound of these cams, don't want to hide it with a high idle lol

Sorry to partly thread-jack

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alaska_guy View Post
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by swsmotorsports View Post
    Sorry to partly thread-jack
    why cant i see the posted logs?

Potential Tuner
    I can't see the posted tunes either. Does anyone know why?

Where are the posted logs/tune???

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemc View Post
    Does anyone know why?
    doesnt appear so.. I still cant see them

Senior Tuner
    I saved them when they were posed. Why do you need to see them? If the OP deleted them then I don't want to re post them without his permission.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    If the OP deleted them ......
    i think thats the entire thing. If he delted the posts, no biggy, just wanted to confirm that was the issue. I couldnt see any attachments, and i have had issues with adding pictures/files, so thats why i asked. Nothing more. Thanks for responding, much appreciated