Thread: Vehicle Controls and Special Functions

Vehicle Controls and Special Functions

Working on an E38...is there a way to make the idle control using the special functions work, or work reliably? It seems like it is glitchy and laggy and doesn't work realtime, if it works at all.

Advanced Tuner
    I agree with that. Normally, what i do is type in the rpm i want then click the on button. If i try to adjust it anytime after i turn it on, the button somehow gets digitally stuck and rpms start running away lol

+1 noticed this too on the special functions wigging out a lot on E38 controller, so also curious to hear if there are any tricks...

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on this thread? My E38 is the same vehicle controls are unusable

I just tried again yesterday. I was able to get the idle control to work pretty good. The condition is, the trans needed to be in Park. It would not do anything while in Drive. The strange thing is, the up/down arrows were gone. I had to turn idle control OFF, type in my desired RPM, then click it ON. Then turn off and change the RPM, then on, etc.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Tuner in Training
    @Cringer what version of VCM Scanner are you using? I normally use the latest beta. I also tried the last stable release and still had no luck getting it work reliably.
    2007 Corvette LS2 M6 1 3/4 headers cam motion titan4 (227/232 613/596 113LS) Borla S-Type axle back

Quote Originally Posted by midTnMike41 View Post
    @Cringer what version of VCM Scanner are you using? I normally use the latest beta. I also tried the last stable release and still had no luck getting it work reliably.
    Good question. I used 4.10.7 yesterday, but I also have 5.0.4 co-installed...I should have tried 5.x but I totally forgot.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant