Thread: Mopar Performance Crate Engine Restomod 5.7L Hemi

Potential Tuner

Mopar Performance Crate Engine Restomod 5.7L Hemi

I'm new to HP Tuners and don't have any tuning experience. Would anyone be willing to review a log file and provide any feedback?

Restomod Details:
    -69 Roadrunner
    -5.7L Mopar Performance Crate Motor
    -Long tube headers
    -Dakota Digital dash with BIM for speedometer
    -A833 Manual Transmission
    -No cats
    -91 octane gas
    -I have not touched the PCM at all; only logged one drive to the store and back

I'm open to any and all feedback - would love to learn how to make tweaks. The goal is to add a supercharger in the near future. Let me know what facts / data you need from me.

RR 2-13-23 Drive.hpl

Thank you

Potential Tuner
    Attached is the stock tune file.

RR Stock Tune.hpt

Its basically a stock 5.7l 6speed tune. So nothing particularly interesting.

Since you're using low octane 91, to perfect WOT, you should be datalogging Long Term and Short Term Knock retard. The disjointed timing during your WOT pulls would suggest the PCM is pulling timing because its seeing some detonation.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response.

Do you think the long tube headers might be causing any issues?

Also, does the PCM require fuel pressure as an input to make any determinations? I don't have fuel pressure fed to the PCM, explaining why it's not registering in the datalog.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiRunner View Post
    Do you think the long tube headers might be causing any issues?
    Not a huge issue but you should increase the O2 Transport delay since the O2 sensors are a further distance from the Heads and A/F at WOT will thypically shift Lean a bit. Stock tunes tend to run a but rich, so may not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiRunner View Post
    Also, does the PCM require fuel pressure as an input to make any determinations?
    The only EFI gas engine to have a fuel pressure sensor that Chrysler ever produced is the Hellcat. So the PCM has no clue what your cars fuel pressure really is. So with your 5.7l tune, the PCM assumes you're running 58psi.

So if you run lower pressure than the PCM ASSUMES you are, WOT will be LEAN and the Fuel trims will add fuel at idle and cruise.
    So if you run HIGHER pressure than the PCM ASSUMES you are, WOT will be Rich and the Fuel trims will remove fuel at idle and cruise.

Add Knock Retard, Pratio and Injector Duty Cylce to your log. that will help

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners