Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM DPS Programming Software

Potential Tuner

GM DPS Programming Software

Hello, I have a 2015 Silverado That did not come with the apple carplay / android auto option until late 2016. So the fix is to get an HMI module, Radio module & USB hub from a 2016 or later GM vehicle. which is exactly what I did. I got everything from a 2017 Silverado truck. The problem is since the modules came from a junkyard, they have a different VIN than my truck. The radio will theftlock and the HMI module will not work. So the solution is to clear/re-write the VIN into these modules from my truck. I have been on the internet looking everywhere for a solution, I even called the Delco TDS tech support line. They told me since everything is now "Global A", GM does not have anything to reprogram used modules. SPS2, GDS, etc. all will not reprogram GM modules. GM has in in house programming software called Developmental Programming Software or DPS. with this you can do just about anything to any global A gm module, Radio, HMI, ABS, SRS, Instrument cluster, Power steering module, etc. There are 3rd party hackers that sell this on the internet with a "key" or license. But they are not clear on how long the license lasts, etc. Once you have the DPS software, then you need to purchase a file that will re-program the vin, which is anywhere from $60 to over $100. I went on one of these sites (cameraloops.com) and registered in their forum and inquired about what I needed & the costs. The next thing I know is all my posts disappeared. and when the next time i tried to log in it said BANNED across my screen. I received no communication prior or after. I dont know if it was a scam site, or it was shut down by the internet police or what. There are companies that you can send your modules to and they will program them for you; MVI, White Automotive / WAMS, etc. But they want $100's to reprogram modules. Does anyone know of a scan tool, software, etc that is capable of reprogramming gm modules other than ECM's TCM's, which my HPtuner does. If HPtuners could develop a tool to reprogram used modules they would be rich beyond their wildest dreams. All of the millions of used modules in junkyards are just going to waste.

Short answer is no. All of the mentioned modules are going to go looking for the VIN stored in the BCM. Won't matter what you try it will always revert to that VIN.

You could google a little.
    https://www.gm-navigation.com/mvi-ma...ry-radio-easy/

https://www.infotainment.com/product...=9089202028580

Advanced Tuner
    Trafficking in what is certainly stolen software (GM DPS on hacker sites) is what got you banned. In any event, unless you have the knowledge that someone like WAMS does, you won't be using any piece of software to change committed VINs from used modules.

That's not true. This is all in gm programming and their "right to repair" that was forced upon them by some states so they made it to where we can't program used modules now. Just in 2021 I was able to program used bcm and pcm using the sps and used it several times. Now when I was forced to upgrade to sps2, which is a complete shit btw , people are no longer able to program used modules anymore. I was surprised and upset when coming back to use sps after a year and some months that I'm not able to go to the junkyard and get used modules anymore. I've tried the dps program for myself and it works great. Atleast now I'm able to use most used modules now. Just now the people that are creating apps for it now they need to figure out how to do the pcm part as far as programming used.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpluto View Post
    That's not true. This is all in gm programming and their "right to repair" that was forced upon them by some states so they made it to where we can't program used modules now. Just in 2021 I was able to program used bcm and pcm using the sps and used it several times. Now when I was forced to upgrade to sps2, which is a complete shit btw , people are no longer able to program used modules anymore. I was surprised and upset when coming back to use sps after a year and some months that I'm not able to go to the junkyard and get used modules anymore. I've tried the dps program for myself and it works great. Atleast now I'm able to use most used modules now. Just now the people that are creating apps for it now they need to figure out how to do the pcm part as far as programming used.
    So you have the ability to program a used 2001 Saturn L300 BCM? I'm game. I need one programmed as SPS will only do new modules and they are non existent.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, Years ago When ACDelco TDS was called ACDelco TIS, I reprogrammed a used Body Control Module for my son's Monte Carlo SS. But keep in mind that was prior to GM's new Global A architecture. I used the SPS software back then.
    When I First installed the HMI & Radio Module into the truck. With the ignition OFF, I turned the radio on and it worked perfect. I hit the projection icon on the touch screen & it turned into Carplay, the phone connected, I made a call & it displayed on the screen, etc. Everything worked fine. Within 2 seconds of turning the ignition key to the on position, the radio displayed "Theftlock". As once the canbus powered up the bcm looked for matching VIN's in the HMI & Radio. Warriorpluto, where did you get the DPS software ?, What I am interested in is how long does it last ?, forever, a year, ??. Since you need to activate it with a cracked license key, I'm curious how long it's good for. I talked to a few techs at my local GMC dealer and they never heard of DPS. The tech support guy at AC Delco TDS told me hehad no knowledge of the GM DPS software. GM DPS is an internal programming software for GM engineers.

I did used bcm programming for an 2015 Malibu and an 2016 Cruze and others from those years. Those are all global a vehicles. Gm wants you to buy new modules from them now

I'm pretty sure that the program can but most people are making plugins for the type 4 application for global A vehicles and some global B. The scene is moving pretty fast now. I even programmed the odometer on my 09 Yukon to the correct mileage today because I did the Escalade gauge cluster swap. Process was very fast and took less than a minute. The days of me sending in clusters and all that crap is over for now. I'm very pleased at what the software can do. it's very powerful. There are a couple of guys working on an type 4 app to unlock the pcm for certain cars. Very interesting scene right now. It can even erase dtc like hptuners can with xml editing but I'm sure it will become more easier as the scene grows.

The version I have lasts forever, but gm is always making great improvements to the program though. I'll just stick with what I have for now. It will be used for several years to come.

The 2001 Saturn L300 is not Global A. I have Techline connect, it programs but will not change VIN info in the module. Therefore I have a SIR B1000 setup codes.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpluto View Post
    This is all really interesting stuff. I don't do SPS myself here, other employees do it. I don't know much about it but I know they are always fighting with it. I shared this with them.

Thanks for sharing.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

You got banned because DPS is GM's engineering software, it's not intended for end user only for GM engineers and licensed suppliers.
    If you have it it's because it was stolen or hacked.
    What you are trying to do can be accomplished in 2 ways: Get a file built by someone to be flashed to the module on the bench, it will wipe everything and replace with the correct VIN.
    You can also send the modules to someone who does eeprom work, there are tools and software to do that including cloning modules, VIN change, immo off, mileage change etc.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, thanks, that was the point I was trying to get across, but apparently "it's not true".

Potential Tuner
    I didn't get banned by anyone connected with GM. cameraloops is a hacker site. They are selling hacked/cracked versions of the GM DPS software and files to reprogram several different GM modules. I think it was because I was asking too many questions on pricing, the longevity of the software, etc. From what I have been reading on their forums is that once they sell you the software it is hardware locked to whatever computer you put it on. I just want to know how long it will work for. Also there are several versions of the DPS software. The early versions evidently wont work well with J2534 pass through programming devices. What I've seen on several sites is version 4.46 will work with any J2534 device that works with the AC Delco SPS2 programming software (techConnect), which mine does. As I used My Autel J2534 to flash the PCM on my truck and it worked fine. I've found other sites selling the DPS software for $60 -$70. By the way I can still get on the cameraloops site by using another laptop & not logging in. I just cant post anything. Warriorpluto, you can program mileage/odometer with the Xtool it has that feature, but it wont do all clusters. My son has a '06 Trailblazer where the gauge cluster info display doesnt work (bad solder joints). He got a couple of good ones from the junkyard & we tried to put his mileage into the used clusters. No dice, but I connected the Xtool to my 13 Silverado & the odometer tool worked fine. There needs to be a standalone tool that can erase/reprogram VIN's on all modules. I was on YouTube & watched a video of this guy who took apart a GM radio, found the eeprom with the vin on it, clamped something called a "pomona" clamp on it, then used a software program to erase & re-write the vin. I guess the GM DPS software does the same thing through the canbus.

Advanced Tuner
    DPS won't even do what you're trying to do here, anyway. You need someone that knows how to unlock the module so the VIN can be changed, etc. DPS essentially does the same thing SPS does.

Don't worry it will be made to do anything very shortly lol. Why are you being so negative? The software is out there now and there's nothing you can do about it. You may be losing money very soon though since everyone can do small things for themselves now without giving up and arm and a leg. I remember for years fools on ls1tech was saying an 6l80 couldn't fit in an fbody but someone finally tried it and it fit without any modifications at all and had plenty of space. You can't knock something without trying first.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    DPS won't even do what you're trying to do here, anyway. You need someone that knows how to unlock the module so the VIN can be changed, etc. DPS essentially does the same thing SPS does.
    The DPS programming software was designed to do exactly what I am trying to do. The DPS software is used to erase VIN's, re-program VIN's & PIN's into various GM modules at the GM engineering level. The trick is knowing how to use it, and what files need to be purchased. If you go to the site I was banned from; cameraloops.com & navigate around the site, you will see The DPS programming software & all the programming files that they have avail. some are free, some you need to purchase. However, the so called "Free" files are free only to members who pay a $60 membership fee, which entitles you to download up to 3 files per day. So say you pay the $60 membership fee, then you would be able to download all of the "free" files at the rate of 3 per day until you have them all.
    The GM DPS software is an in house software program used by GM engineers to Program, alter, & modify Electronic modules at GM. Somehow this software must have gotten leaked to the outside world, and the hackers are now running amok with it. It wouldn't surprise me if companies like MVI, White, & others are using it also. The other way to re-program modules would be at the hardware level. Which means taking them apart, desoldering the eeprom, and either replacing it with a virgin one, or re-programming it. The DPS software does the same thing through the canbus. I could see in the near future a scan tool coming out that will have the capability to do this.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 67GTO View Post
    Hello, I have a 2015 Silverado That did not come with the apple carplay / android auto option until late 2016. So the fix is to get an HMI module, Radio module & USB hub from a 2016 or later GM vehicle. which is exactly what I did. I got everything from a 2017 Silverado truck. The problem is since the modules came from a junkyard, they have a different VIN than my truck. The radio will theftlock and the HMI module will not work. So the solution is to clear/re-write the VIN into these modules from my truck. I have been on the internet looking everywhere for a solution, I even called the Delco TDS tech support line. They told me since everything is now "Global A", GM does not have anything to reprogram used modules. SPS2, GDS, etc. all will not reprogram GM modules. GM has in in house programming software called Developmental Programming Software or DPS. with this you can do just about anything to any global A gm module, Radio, HMI, ABS, SRS, Instrument cluster, Power steering module, etc. There are 3rd party hackers that sell this on the internet with a "key" or license. But they are not clear on how long the license lasts, etc. Once you have the DPS software, then you need to purchase a file that will re-program the vin, which is anywhere from $60 to over $100. I went on one of these sites (cameraloops.com) and registered in their forum and inquired about what I needed & the costs. The next thing I know is all my posts disappeared. and when the next time i tried to log in it said BANNED across my screen. I received no communication prior or after. I dont know if it was a scam site, or it was shut down by the internet police or what. There are companies that you can send your modules to and they will program them for you; MVI, White Automotive / WAMS, etc. But they want $100's to reprogram modules. Does anyone know of a scan tool, software, etc that is capable of reprogramming gm modules other than ECM's TCM's, which my HPtuner does. If HPtuners could develop a tool to reprogram used modules they would be rich beyond their wildest dreams. All of the millions of used modules in junkyards are just going to waste.
    Yes, ODBGenie will do it... 139 bucks and no programming knowledge needed. Litterally plug and play, takes less than 15 seconds. https://www.obdgenie.com/collections...31843513794633

Youre welcome!

Potential Tuner

I?m only going to do this once?

Quote Originally Posted by 67GTO View Post
    I?m going to be nice today?you don?t need WAMS, MVI(WAMS programs for them), or Tattoo Troy?This is how you unlock your HMI module and clear the Theftlock?Listen carefully, you need to have everything including the Radio module installed first. Then take a 2016 Silverado VIN and program your 2016 Radio module FIRST before programming the HMI module?it?ll take a half hour and some change to do. Your welcome. {mic drop}

Tuner
    There is a tool to do this, called io terminal. About 5k