Thread: I can only add Map and speedometer in the first video - I use RaceRender Advanced

I can only add Map and speedometer in the first video - I use RaceRender Advanced

I'm getting the videos from my Gopro hero 8. There are 3 videos of 8 minutes each. I join them with the "Join command" and leave them in order. However, when I go to add the "track map" or "speedometer", they only work on the first video. From the second video, everything is stopped on the screen, not working. I'm trying to get the map to work in all 3 videos, but I can't find any way to do it. The map just freezes.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm guessing that you've joined the 3 video files, but you probably also need to join the 3 data files too. It doesn't look like RaceRender is able to show the full compilation of the data...you only see the first data file, then the second one, and finally the third one, but that should at least continue to show a track map and speedometer after the first video.

Important note: be sure to import the videos in order. Importing them and then reordering them before joining them may remove any Display Objects associated with the first video.

Tuner in Training
    Do the files have the filenames that the GoPro created? If so, you only need to "add" the first one, and RaceRender will notice the others and ask if you want them included. I do this all the time and have not had any issues.

Yes, the GoPro file naming convention is goofy. Its well documented, and well hated by most users.
    I've written a small utility to rename them in the style of GoPro's naming, but without the strange ordering. Makes RaceRender easier to use.

Potential Tuner
    I have had similar confusions , maybe @PatFarrell would be so kind as to share his utility?

Advanced Tuner
    I see that he posted a link on this post: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post712301

I haven't run it personally, but hopefully it's straightforward if you've setup GO before.

Tuner in Training
    Sure. Its open source, and recently improved. Written in 'go' so it should run on all known operating systems. Source code is in
    https://github.com/pfarrell51/gows/t...er/goprorename

or send me a PM and I can make an executable for Windows, OS-X and linux.