Thread: 17 focus st

Advanced Tuner

17 focus st

any of yall done alot of these?have one where i work its got over 100k on, with catless downpipe and just a blow off valve. all i did was shut off the cot in the tune for him but before i did anything noticed while loging at idle and just cruise the ltft is around +18 and cruise and idle sits at +25. its been smoke tested by one of the techs here and no leaks found, replaced factory wideband with new ford one and its made no difference. ive done some reading on forums with st owners complaing of ltft being over 10 to mid teens or more with catless downpipe. seeing what if anything any of you have run across with these. this also happens with stock air intake or aftermarket cold air intake. his fuel pressures are keeping up when i monitor them but that dont mean there not a fueling issue. just looking for some info

Advanced Tuner
    Could be worn HPFP, drive lobe, and/or cam follower.
    Though even with that stuff worn, +25% at idle is really excessive.
    MAP/IAT/CHT/ECT sensors all reading accurately? Speed density uses all those to calculate fuel requirements.

+7 to +10% is pretty normal for catless downpipe though.

Seen canister purge valves causing a constant vacuum leak on a number of EB Fords lately. Might not catch that on a smoke test.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, that's a good one... Totally forgot about that since I replaced my line and solenoid and haven't had problems since, though I don't recall my LTFT climbing from that, it did throw EVAP codes.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I’ve seen the purge valves do that as well . Going to log it today again and just be sure nothing else stands out