Thread: Gen 2 Coyote throttle unresponsive after WOT

Tuner

Arrow Gen 2 Coyote throttle unresponsive after WOT

Chasing an issue on the shop test car.

2016 Perf pack 5L Stick shift

Gen 5 Whipple 3.0L - 132mm TB - Bigger H/E
    Long tubes with FFE
    FIC1000 and DW415

Car is very drivable and predictable now after doing some torque table tuning - not fully done yet.

Trying to fix an issue when you go into boost or WOT the throttle stops responding to pedal/DD unless you go WOT again or let the engine idle for 2-5 seconds in neutral.
    I have played around with so many settings for the last week so hopefully its not something super simple im missing.

kicker is the throttle will sometimes work in neutral but if the trans is in gear: it does not respond until the engine idles for 3-5 seconds.

Log attached.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 02-24-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Well a lot is going on, you have desired load below your actual load and this is already bad. Your torque fights with trans truncation
    this alone could be the culprit. Next is the anticlunk with indicated bad SD settings. This alone should fix few things but you still need
    to extrapolate the TQ model to keep a proper desired load. Dont set you main AFR to 14.7 as petrol has min 5% of ethanol those days.

Log TB angle source, might be still something up with your TB settings. No time for more digging.

WHIPPLE REV 96 THROTTLE RATE.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Well a lot is going on, you have desired load below your actual load and this is already bad. Your torque fights with trans truncation
    this alone could be the culprit. Next is the anticlunk with indicated bad SD settings. This alone should fix few things but you still need
    to extrapolate the TQ model to keep a proper desired load. Dont set you main AFR to 14.7 as petrol has min 5% of ethanol those days.

Log TB angle source, might be still something up with your TB settings. No time for more digging.

WHIPPLE REV 96 THROTTLE RATE.hpt
    Hi Veefour,

I want to thank you investing your time and taking a look.

Im running Chevron 94 octane and it says 0% ethanol.
    Should i still adjust stoich to target 14.64?

I will continue adjusting the TQ model and add the addition PIDs.

It used to surge and barely hold a cruise speed and has gotten alot better since i started the TQ model tuning.

Thx!

It has ethanol even they say its zero unless you are running race gas. Just leave it where it was - Ford did that for a reason.

https://www.chempoint.com/products/c...ne-blend-no-94