Thread: 4L60/4L80 SEG Swap

Potential Tuner

4L60/4L80 SEG Swap

I have a 2006 chevy 1500 that I have swapped to a 4L80. I have swapped the pins in the round connector and added the input speed sensor wiring. Went to perform the seg swap and can a matching OS. Mine is 1252066, can find some close! but no cigar, does anyone have something out there?? Thanks in advance!

1252066 is not a stock OS from what I see.

Is that a 1 bar or 2 bar OS?

The segment swap has to be done with the stock OS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Well, technically, you can do a swap with the non-original OS. The catch is you'd have to find a file that started out as the same OS, then had the exact same custom OS applied, and also already had the trans segments in it that you need. Since you would never find a file like that, essentially it's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Well, technically, you can do a swap with the non-original OS. The catch is you'd have to find a file that started out as the same OS, then had the exact same custom OS applied, and also already had the trans segments in it that you need. Since you would never find a file like that, essentially it's not possible.
    Or maybe not!

Segment swap is still available for these two sample files even though one's got the custom OS and the other doesn't. They both started as the same base OS. No idea if the swap would work afterwards, but it doesn't block you from opening the utility like it does when OSes don't match.

screenshot.16-02-2023 22.03.19.png

1999 Silverado OS 9373372-1253008 2barRTT.hpt
    1999 Corvette OS 9373372.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Its a 2 bar system, and it had a cammed 6.0 swap previously, it has already been tuned for that. I dont have the stock file previously to it being tuned, and it doesnt help I am a complete newbie rookie at this! lol
    Last edited by mbarn580; 02-17-2023 at 08:32 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Or maybe not!

Segment swap is still available for these two sample files even though one's got the custom OS and the other doesn't. They both started as the same base OS. No idea if the swap would work afterwards, but it doesn't block you from opening the utility like it does when OSes don't match.

screenshot.16-02-2023 22.03.19.png

1999 Silverado OS 9373372-1253008 2barRTT.hpt
    1999 Corvette OS 9373372.hpt
    I don't know if you are able to break that down a little more for me haha, I downloaded the samples to just see what they are and if they would highlight the Segment Swap when compared and neither one would do so.

Those are just two random files that happened to start out with the same stock OS. Nobody here knows what your stock OS was, because you didn't mention it, and you haven't bothered to post the file you are working with.

Maybe you need to look for a 4L80 file that has the same stock OS as your file, not the new custom OS that you'll likely never find a match for.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarn580 View Post
    I have a 2006 chevy 1500 that I have swapped to a 4L80. I have swapped the pins in the round connector and added the input speed sensor wiring. Went to perform the seg swap and can a matching OS. Mine is 1252066, can find some close! but no cigar, does anyone have something out there?? Thanks in advance!
    Post your current calibration file when you get a chance.