Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 73 Challenger 6.1 545rfe swap

Tuner

73 Challenger 6.1 545rfe swap

Hey guys Im having a little issue with my current tune in my swapped Challenger. I was able to get a stock 6.1 tune with the 545 trans that Ray on here hooked me up with however i have a few things that need to be sorted out still . So maybe one of you can take a look at let me know what is funky here. And A big Thank you to everyone that has or will shoot me positive info on this.

So it surges at times when in gear but it comes and goes as it pleases . not a big surge but annoying

Hangs idle on start up ... I tried to mess with this and i can only get it this far. It will hang the idle for the same amount of time no matter if the engine is hot or cold. This is kinda annoying because i have to wait for the idle to come down to put in gear everytime i start it . On a cold start im ok with it but it acts like its cold starting all the time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have some major tune issues or mechanical going on, it is -32 on bank 2 and + 15 on Bank one, get the fueling dialed in then worry about idle issues,

STST.jpg

also see the following codes

CM: 7E8, CAN
    Basic PIDs: 44
    Trouble Codes:
    P0520 - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit (Pending, Current)
    U110C (Current)
    U1120 (Pending, Current)
    P0443 - Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit (Current)
    P0403 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit (Pending, Current)
    P0406 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit High (Current)
    U0141 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module A (Pending, Current)
    P0522 - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Low (Pending, Current)
    P0523 - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit High (Current)
    P0138 - O2 Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2) (Pending, Current)
    P0158 - O2 Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2, Sensor 2) (Pending, Current)
    U1403 (Pending, Current)
    U110E (Pending, Current)
    P0038 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit High (Bank 1, Sensor 2) (Current)
    P0058 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit High (Bank 2, Sensor 2) (Current)
    P0198 - Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit High (Pending, Current)
    P0300 - Random Misfire Detected (Pending)

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner
    Yes i?m aware of the codes .. i have another 6.1 tune to see if i can fix this i seen it has some fueling issues ..not sure why it does this is supposed to be a stock 6.1 tune
    Last edited by Hpsonny; 02-18-2023 at 10:31 PM.

Tuner
    loaded another tune in today added a little fuel to the Ve table. still kinda does the same but less .. Idle hangs as i didn't mess with that on this tune..

fuel trims look better, but you are not recording enough channels to get a clear picture, Fuel trims now look lean.

add:
    Injector duty cycle
    Pratio
    KR
    TPS
    Injector MS 1-8

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    I have same setup. Fixed problem this way - see https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...428#post718428

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by acln99 View Post
    I have same setup. Fixed problem this way - see https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...428#post718428
    well i tried that with no success. What i am i missing?
    this is getting a little frustrating

Been on Vacation..

Give this a shot, The Trans selection was A580. ECU is hunting for Tq values that are not there.

Also Timing is Awful low.
    and Ambient Air Temp is 255F ? That needs to be addressed.

the screen shot it the "button" to add channels to your scanner,

You can create many different templets , we use 10 different templets just for the 04 rams themselves.
    Click on that "gear" and it'll show you what channels you can add, the more Info the better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rays04gtx; 02-26-2023 at 08:42 AM.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    Been on Vacation..

Give this a shot, The Trans selection was A580. ECU is hunting for Tq values that are not there.

Also Timing is Awful low.
    and Ambient Air Temp is 255F ? That needs to be addressed.

the screen shot it the "button" to add channels to your scanner,

You can create many different templets , we use 10 different templets just for the 04 rams themselves.
    Click on that "gear" and it'll show you what channels you can add, the more Info the better.
    Hi Ray im GLAD your back and hopefully you had a great vacation . Let me try this one out and ill report back to you .
    Last edited by Hpsonny; 03-05-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Tuner
    ok here is where im at . still has hanging idle but shifts much much better

It's hanging above 1k Rpms for about a min, annoying yes.

So two things we need to get correct here now,
    1) Ambient Temp of 255F ? need to figure out if it's is a Sensor issue or wiring.
    2) according to your Barometric pressure being recorded (7.5 psi/15.3inhg ) you live some where other then Earth? FWIW lowest recorded Baro readings January 3, 1913 at Canton, NY 28.20inhg(13.7PSI)

Baro is an important part of the calculations the OEC ECU uses....Need to get that figured out, the Ambient also plays into how the ECU determines where to look for direction.

Attached is a Modified version of that last tune, I brought up some of the timing, and limited the Min spark table to keep it in line with PT ,

Lets start logging the Base VE Bank 1 and 2 and Total VE Bank 1 & 2 , we can use those parameters to start getting fuel straightened out, which will start helping with some of the hang.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    It's hanging above 1k Rpms for about a min, annoying yes.

So two things we need to get correct here now,
    1) Ambient Temp of 255F ? need to figure out if it's is a Sensor issue or wiring.
    2) according to your Barometric pressure being recorded (7.5 psi/15.3inhg ) you live some where other then Earth? FWIW lowest recorded Baro readings January 3, 1913 at Canton, NY 28.20inhg(13.7PSI)

Baro is an important part of the calculations the OEC ECU uses....Need to get that figured out, the Ambient also plays into how the ECU determines where to look for direction.

Attached is a Modified version of that last tune, I brought up some of the timing, and limited the Min spark table to keep it in line with PT ,

Lets start logging the Base VE Bank 1 and 2 and Total VE Bank 1 & 2 , we can use those parameters to start getting fuel straightened out, which will start helping with some of the hang.
    Thank you Ray .. I emailed Hot Wire Auto (the person who made my harness) and asked him about the ambient temp and he said it is not used in this application so im not sure where to go here but he said this is N/a I will try this tune and see what it does and report back Again THANK You for your help

Tuner
    Hey Ray

When i tried the tune you sent me it made my car surge like crazy so i went back and loaded in a tune that i had and this tune seemed to raise my spark a bit at idle it seems . If you can , check it out and let me know ...

Advanced Tuner
    min spark table the first couple numbers are awful big and not sure what you are doing with yer hot cold IAT's but part throttle number needs to be between hot n cold no?
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    min spark table the first couple numbers are awful big and not sure what you are doing with yer hot cold IAT's but part throttle number needs to be between hot n cold no?
    the tune is based on the stock 08 5.7 Ram that the ECU is programed with. Min spark table depending on the OS for 08 is stock, the other 2 OS's for 08 Ram's is +/- 3 -4 degrees depending on date release.
    yes those big #s you see are the stock , the IAT is low by 18* and the Cold # is stock.

Sonny, Ray sent me his "file folder" on your swap I'll look through it tonight, I wrote about 40 tunes for him last week, I might have worked on this one, he should be back Monday , He's over in Germany doing some consulting work.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Advanced Tuner
    Dodge: "Here are your hot and cold spark tables and temps. This is low temp and timing, and that is high. Dont trip that reference temp is not within that range." ha

How does that work???

And what else does changing those numbers (high, reference, and or low) effect besides the corresponding spark tables???
    [email protected]

don tanklage

I took the tune back to the original 5.7 settings (08 Ram) , then reworked it to 2008 6.1(STOCK) values.

Looking at what Ray sent you the other night , he turned Table 2101 to disable(Baro learning) , and with your Baro being off as much as it is the ECU couldn't find it's "bearing" so it started to hunt around at Idle.
    G3 Hemi Videos

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    Dodge: "Here are your hot and cold spark tables and temps. This is low temp and timing, and that is high. Dont trip that reference temp is not within that range." ha

How does that work???

And what else does changing those numbers (high, reference, and or low) effect besides the corresponding spark tables???

Here's an 07 C300 SRT6.1 , and an 08 Challenger 6.1

There's one hell of a swing in one's -83F and the other is 140 F
    G3 Hemi Videos

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    Here's an 07 C300 SRT6.1 , and an 08 Challenger 6.1

There's one hell of a swing in one's -83F and the other is 140 F
    Awesome ok let me try these and i?ll let ya know how it goes .. Thank you again on helping me with getting it together .. I?m learning still but i?ll get there i?m sure eventually lol

Tuner
    @purpleram The car seems to feel better and have better drive ability however if i can get rid of that high idle , id be totally happy. It does a cold start syndrome all the time .