Thread: cant find ST or LT knock when polling HP90 2021 redeye

Tuner in Training

cant find ST or LT knock when polling HP90 2021 redeye

I have searched for a while and probably just missed the info I needed so I apologize for that if so...

2021 Redeye, new car to me, first time connecting to it with HPT VCM scanner V 5.0.4

I would like to log knock, or at least see if any LT is stored but cannot find it. I polled the trans key on and when running. I took a few snapshots of what I showed as far down as the TCM, attached. Most likely I am doing something incorrectly no doubt.

Also, if the hidden P1400 aftermarket tune code was set, will HPT pick that up ? It shows NO DTC's I believe it said.

Thank you.

PARAM1.pngPARAM2.pngPARAM3.png

Advanced Tuner
    are you trying to log knock on a 21 without using a bypass or what are you trying to do J cat?

Advanced Tuner
    can uncheck it

i do not believe it is for a non stock tune... i think it just means ECU has been replaced?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I'm back. How are you guys doing ??? New (to me) car and trying to find out what i have here, and if the 1400 is set or not. Dodge's way of detecting aftermarket calibrations by comparing notes amongst modules and drawing a conclusion which cannot be erased. Whether you replaced PCMs or re-tuned the stock PCM, it doesn't matter. And even if the vehicle has been put back to stock. So, if you have an engine failure, if push comes to shove, they can refuse warranty. From the way I understand it...

The plan is to get up a list of engine parameters, or "channels" I guess you call them to log to start with and see what things look like. Like if any LT knock is showing which would tell me grandma didn't use this car to go to church in. Or most storybook grandmas anyway...But times have changed. And right LilSick I do not have a bypass yet. Do I need one to monitor ?

I am not real swift in this area using the scanner and need to learn by repetition I suppose.

ALSO, I have a new Win11 laptop and no free XLS readers or any of the stuff that came std on what I used before, I don't want to pay a bunch for their trial programs that i will never hardly use so I don't know exactly what I need for those types of tools to get by with just using HP Tuners ?

Thanks for any advice......

Advanced Tuner
    I think most ECM since 2015 or so started implementing a counter that keeps track of how many times it?s been written to. Go for it Steve. Get a bypass and tune the COT outta that 12 second jail break

And welcome back. Glad you got your priorities back in line. Those girls aren?t going anywhere

Tuner in Training
    Thanks.....I don't want to tune this redeye engine so i am still not sure about a bypass cable needed or not... i am just interested to see if it had any abuse before i got it, I was told it was factory stock but i don't believe anything automatically, especially from drag racers. All drag racers are liars you know, including you Pinocchio, an old drag racer, don't tell me you never fibbed even once.HA ! .. but I am taking the lead and am really am trying to quit doing that. "It's stock" ...Honest engine ! :-) .. If you don't believe me about drag racers, go to the pure stock nationals. Case closed.
    I will most likely put a 2019 or 2020 redeye tune in the HP90 transmission (It is alleged that they work better than '21 and up) from under the car using a sound german harness, and the PCM will never be the wiser. Or so it has been claimed. Not to raise the shift points, but just to shift harder around town like a B&M shift kit in a '74 Road Runner :-) ALL in good fun !
    Last edited by Joe Tcat; 04-09-2023 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added more info

Advanced Tuner
    There was only one rule at the street races ?if you chase, it is a race?

So much simpler than all this NHRA NMRA PRO STAR AMA stuff. Never been great at following the rules ha. I?ve learned a bunch about trans since we talked last. Still learning. Beware of the closed minded know it alls and the street geeks. How is the fast car running?

Tuner in Training
    The weather just now is breaking so I have not done anything with the car in months except now this new-used one has my attention. Just a cruiser it will be. Tinkering with the trans soon but will let somemone smarter than than me at this racket manipulate the HP90. It has to be right on the first try.... But i am just after part throttle stuff so it should be easy.