Thread: VVE Tuninig - Camshaft Angles

Tuner in Training

VVE Tuninig - Camshaft Angles

My question..
    with engine>airflow>variable camshaft>general>camshafts set to none....

Can I do all VVE tuning with camshaft intake angle and exhaust angle set to 0?

I hope I don't have to 'paste special, multiply by percent' to the other 19 camshaft position tables in the VVE.

camshaftAngles.png

About the truck - 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 L83 with non vvt Texas Speed Stage 1 cam, afm/dod delete, and Edelbrock supercharger. Truck runs really good on MAF tune but I hear things get better when you tune VVE so I figure why not.

I am sure this is on here somewhere and I did some searching but nothing jumped out directly. I'm also sure someone knows this and can verify or give guidance with 1-2 sentences.

TY

Tuning Addict
    Well to keep the answer simple - yep that's all you need to change. Now to clarify something - you can't make any changes to the other cam angles. You have to make changes to the multipliers in the coefficient area - intake cam multiplier I believe Just thinking off the top of my head - for the corresponding zones then go back to the VVE editor and make sure the changes were for the respectful amount you need for that change in that cam position...

Now what would be really nice and worth me updating for - if hpt would make it capable to back calculate the coefficients for cam position multipliers just by changing the corresponding cam positions in the VVE editor - asking too much - I don't think so, but what do I know....
    Last edited by GHuggins; 02-18-2023 at 04:09 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I guess I need to go look at the multipliers in the coefficient area. Hopefully it will be self explanatory.

Tuning Addict
    It's not - you have to experiment with it then see what changes do to the tables. Best way I can describe to do it is to dial in the VVE table with the cam parked or set to 0 and then drive it with the multipliers stock with it set to the positions you want to use. Use the logged difference trim wise to make adjustments to the multipliers. Then drive and recheck.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC