Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.2 Silverado E-Force Supercharger need tuning HELP

Tuner

6.2 Silverado E-Force Supercharger need tuning HELP

To all my fellow HP tuners this is a follow up from my previous chat. I have been afraid to install this supercharger on my new 6.2 LS3 engine. After 6 months of driving my engine and no problems. I think I got my 6.2 dialed in pretty close to run good from my 5.3 I had before. So I finally decided to install my supercharger and I am having issues with the MAP. It stays at 90kpa and dont move. I have used various charts to get me where I am at. I started with the 5.3 tune that Edelbrock gave me with the supercharger I then went with some numbers from the 2012 camaro ZL1 and used some other numbers from 2009 CTSV to get where I am at. I am idling good and sounds OK but I know it isn't right. Therefore I would appreciate if someone could just look at my editor and running clip and point me in the right direction. This is all new to me so I am willing to learn and can do it fast. Greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sure you don't have the MAP harness plugged into the BARO sensor? (or the MAP installed into the BARO location, which doesn't see either manifold vacuum or boost, would give the same result)

Tuning Addict
    You sure the hole actually goes through into the supercharger? Signal could be shorted or shorted internally in the MAP sensor or the sensor is just stuck. Personally I would install a lsa map sensor as they usually read a little better.

For a shorted signal you could unplug it and see if it changes - if no change wiring is shorted / if it changes then most likely map or hole or just pinned wrong on the connector.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 02-19-2023 at 11:15 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Map sensor or T-Map sensor as Edelbrock calls it was already bolted into the supercharger. No reason for me to take it out. It did have a breakout harness that went to my old map sensor then the T-Map sensor and then to the MAF sensor

Tuner

Map sensor

Also this T-Map sensor has to be working because I am reading intake air temperature which is a part of this sensor. Correct?

If there's vacuum present at the sensor's sampling port, and the right wires are going to it, then the sensor is broken.

I don't know how you would verify that there's vacuum present without removing the sensor. I also don't see why removing a sensor when diagnosing a problem that's been going on for this long would be a big deal.

Unplugged, the MAP reading should go down to the minimum (there is a pulldown resistor in the ECM). Jumpering +5v to the signal wire should drive it high, to the max reading. Those things, and confirming it's actually got vacuum going to it, are the absolute bare minimum diagnostic steps needed to fix this. They are not optional.

Every breakout harness is automatically assumed to be pinned wrong until proven otherwise. FYI.

Tuner
    Makes sense. They bury the sensor in the back by the firewall but I will figure a way to get it out and check to see if it open, then check the wires, and then the 5 volts on the signal wire. Will do first thing in the morning. Thanks

Tuner
    I checked the port for being open, I checked 5 volt reference, ground, and headlight tested circuits between the original harness and new T-Map harness. Hooked up my Tech 2 and put a vacuum pump on the MAP sensor and pumped it up (no kpa change). Put 5 volts to signal line and no change. Appeared to be a bad T-Map sensor. I then took my old GM sensor from my 5.3 intake and did the same test on the original harness and everything read good with kpa changes, but my 1 bar was reading 200kpa. So I decided to load a new program that I had been working on with different fuel data and spark tables, and hooked up the T-Map sensor and everything was working like it was supposed to. I then put everything back together and did a couple scans. I thought everything was great in the driveway so I was going to try and get some data in my AFR error post. I got 2 miles down the road and the check engine light came on with a P0606 and P0106 and P0010, and barely got home driving normal. I would appreciate if you could take a look at this and just point me in the direction I am not doing right. I know I will probably have to pay something to straighten this out, but right now I don't trust driving it. Thanks and blind squirrel I know you have ask about the 0501 operating software I have downloaded several 09 Silverados with this operating system software. I am about ready to just start from the beginning and try it all over, but I thought Edelbrock would have there shit together when it comes to programming. Any input is greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

This really sounds like a wiring/pin fit or sensor hardware issue to me, nothing in the tune will fix any of those.

Tuner

MAP Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    This really sounds like a wiring/pin fit or sensor hardware issue to me, nothing in the tune will fix any of those.
    After long hours and numbers of tune files I found my P0106 problem was caused by Edelbrocks programming in my tune file. Under Engine Diagnostics the Airflow tab they had my minimum ECT at 247 degrees and maximum ECT at -4. The direct opposite of what is supposed to be. I also noticed they changed my APP sensor values which HP tuners does not recommend because it can cause PCM failure. Think I know why my ECM has taken a dump. NEXT

See, I told you it'd be in the tune.

Tuning Addict
    The ect values won't cause it. I personally change those in nearly all of the blower add on's myself as they'll possibly start maxing out the MAF or causing MAF signal resolution issues. The app however - depends on how much they changed it. Some cals won't allow any and will cause REP regularly - which is why I address this correctly elsewhere in the tune for the added airflow. However, I've never seen one just stop reading MAP changes all together - have seen them stop reading changes whilst driving because of it, but usually a key cycle and they're back good.

It may even be a corrupt file - had this happen several times with hpt - about every 20 or so revisions you have to take the stock file and apply your changes to it then do a write entire with that one. Something gets corrupted in the background. Chased an idle issue for 2 days on one because of this alone and wound up having to do a segment swap because I was going in behind someone else and didn't have the un-corrupted stock file for reference.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    The ect values won't cause it. I personally change those in nearly all of the blower add on's myself as they'll possibly start maxing out the MAF or causing MAF signal resolution issues. The app however - depends on how much they changed it. Some cals won't allow any and will cause REP regularly - which is why I address this correctly elsewhere in the tune for the added airflow. However, I've never seen one just stop reading MAP changes all together - have seen them stop reading changes whilst driving because of it, but usually a key cycle and they're back good.

It may even be a corrupt file - had this happen several times with hpt - about every 20 or so revisions you have to take the stock file and apply your changes to it then do a write entire with that one. Something gets corrupted in the background. Chased an idle issue for 2 days on one because of this alone and wound up having to do a segment swap because I was going in behind someone else and didn't have the un-corrupted stock file for reference.

Tuner
    Okay I can agree it is a software issue with HP tuners because when I did the write calibration the MAP started working. I am still getting a P0106 pending code, and the truck is having misfire issues. I was trying to write my Edelbrock entire calibration back into the truck but it wants more credits. Just for shits and grins since the truck has ran good for 6 months and more than 4000 miles without any issues, it seems like I should be able to keep that calibration file for the 6.2 and take the Edelbrock T-Map settings offset and linear and change them. I am using the same fuel injectors so that data is the same. How can I add the fuel control module to the 6.2 calibration from the E-force and what other data should have to be changed from my 5.3 E-force program to install into my 6.2 to get this in the ballpark. Is there a segment swap I can do from my 5.3 E-Force saved file to put into my 6.2 supercharged file

Tuning Addict
    If you already have the correct map settings, inj settings and throttle settings, then I wouldn't use anything from the E-force program. You can use it to compare to, but you're better off to pull timing then dial your fueling in for the 6.2 setup you're running.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    Okay Greg sounds good. I am to the point now I think my ECM has probably taken a dump because of some of the throttle settings I changed, and airflow values. I did keep my original Map before installing the supercharger that I can go back to. Not to sound dumb but on my timing should I take out about 10%. And also Edelbrock made a big deal out of replacing the fuel pump control module (which I did), but I have no readings in the boxes. How do I go about that. At this point I have a used ECM preprogrammed with my 5.3 VIN in it, and a GM Baro (Map Sensor) coming for it. Thanks for the input. Maybe someday I will be able to pull my camper

How about you do a new read of the truck, and make sure to tick the checkboxes for ALL the modules that show up. It almost feels like trolling when an ECM-only file gets uploaded and then there are questions about stuff that isn't in the ECM.

Tuning Addict
    Like Blind said, you just have to re-read to get the fpcm out of it. However you honestly don't have to change anything in it or in the ecm for it. It's most likely just a zl1 fpcm anyway which turns pressure up as rpms increase.

P0106 is a map/baro performance code - sure you have good terminal tension? Does the kit use a separate baro sensor or anything like that? Is the code setting after getting into boost or just normal running? Do you have a 2bar OS option on your OS?

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    I can post my tune that a shop did for me 3 years ago for my 2014 Yukon Denali 6.2 .. Stock everything except LT headers & Kooks Cats.
    Transmission was built prior to installing the Edelbrock EForce (circle D stage 4 parts, 1800 stall).
    It ran "Fine" but never made the power I thought it should... And it was a GAS PIG ...
    Just let me know... i know it took them half a day just to figure out the edelbrock TMAP stuff