Thread: Genral tuning info

Potential Tuner

Genral tuning info

seems to be limited to lack of help or forums for the mk7 gti and mkr on here, i switched to Eqt cobb and have better results in 60-130 (mph) times then looking at the forums and talking to different people via private message. theres no good write ups to explain and help with newbies on this platform and tuning software. i came from the ford SHO and there's plenty of better help in the forums then this Vw platform. if anyone is looking to self tune their car i recommend Eurodyne or Simios tools due to the lack of expertise with VW and Hpt. it seems to be the people that actually know a decent amount about tuning these cars on hpt seems to keep it all secret vs actually helping new people like you can find with eurodyne and simos tools. So anyone looking to user end tune stay away from HPT. i will continue to tune with hpt on other platforms but the Vw side is dead and no help at all

Tuner in Training
    tend to agree raymalone, I get zero action from HPT support on any of the tickets I raise on VAG vehicles, they give their canned response everytime...

"Issues are addressed based on priority, complexity, and availability of the appropriate engineer. Unfortunately I can't give you a timeline for when our engineering team will be able to solve this problem"

The ticket I Submitted was taken care of. how ever it was a simple fix . wasnt able to get past speed limiter , made a ticket and they added another parameter speed limit and top speed limit. and i have no idea what the difference is between them. im also still trying to change the rev limit in Park and N etc. was looking forward for shift points but have none either, i do have more torque tables than key board functions though. But they did jump on the ticket asap so PROPS to hp tuners .

Potential Tuner
    I believe on dsg cars the p and n you are looking for are ether in the trans or airflow charts, as far as hp tuners tickets this post is about the community on hpt with eurocars, like me and you talking right now, there's barley anyone on here who actually knows fully these cars on these cars. some of the changes ive seen people say change and or people say oh that file looks good, shows a lot of issues in their logs.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by raymalone View Post
    I believe on dsg cars the p and n you are looking for are ether in the trans or airflow charts, as far as hp tuners tickets this post is about the community on hpt with eurocars, like me and you talking right now, there's barley anyone on here who actually knows fully these cars on these cars. some of the changes ive seen people say change and or people say oh that file looks good, shows a lot of issues in their logs.
    Honestly you have to understand that this side of the forum is pretty dead. Not a lot of people tuning audi/vw with hptuners. And its an even smaller amount that actually goes on forums. I have found a few people on here that are very helpful, but again I dont EXPECT it either. I appreciate the wisdom that some people share, even if its just from me lurking forums and reading posts. We are in this weird space where theres not much readily available info to study online, and no videos to teach, so I do understand how it can get tricky and frustrating.

But overall there are good knowledgeable and helpful people out there, but just dont expect too much from anyone

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by boostboy View Post
    Honestly you have to understand that this side of the forum is pretty dead. Not a lot of people tuning audi/vw with hptuners. And its an even smaller amount that actually goes on forums. I have found a few people on here that are very helpful, but again I dont EXPECT it either. I appreciate the wisdom that some people share, even if its just from me lurking forums and reading posts. We are in this weird space where theres not much readily available info to study online, and no videos to teach, so I do understand how it can get tricky and frustrating.

But overall there are good knowledgeable and helpful people out there, but just dont expect too much from anyone
    I have been giving a lot of help so far from the forum but i also think there is not a lot of people tuning VAG