Thread: New member. Just purchased purchased mpvi 3

New member. Just purchased purchased mpvi 3

I just bought a ?19 f-150 with the ecoboost. It has 165k miles and has the cam phaser rattle and a small noise under light load (i believe it is timing chain slap). I am going to use the mpvi 3 to check oil pressure to see if I just need to do a timing chain job on it. Someone said I can also monitor the timing of the cams to see if they are actually causing engine issues also?? What should I check with the system?I?m new to this system. I?ve done quite a few bolt-on mods but never got into the actual tuning aspects. I have some minor stuff done like a k&n drop in and eliminated the resonator and replaced with a true 3? from the y to a new 3? muffler on my truck currently. With this system, would I be better sending off my maps and having someone make a tune for me or would it be something that?s easy to get into?? Thanks for any advice.

Advanced Tuner
    Hello and welcome. You can learn quite a lot from reading these forums and posting up your questions. This forum is intended to help you learn how to tune your vehicle. Either way you choose to go about it, there are many members here that can help. Start by posting your tune files and datalogs and asking specific questions. Good Luck!