Thread: 2017 Silverad0 5.3 Flex fuel tune Help (Newbie)

Potential Tuner

2017 Silverad0 5.3 Flex fuel tune Help (Newbie)

I am attempting to tune my 2017 Silverado so I can run Flex-fuel (e85) I have installed the sensor and switched settings from virtual to the sensor on the HP editor. I have been trying to locate a stock 2014/2015 Silverado with a 5.3 flex fuel Hpt tune file so I can compare it to my Stock tune file and make adjustments but haven't had any luck yet. would anyone have some suggestions or insite where I could locate 5.3 flex fuel Hpt tune file? The closet tune file I found was on a post from RexV

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...flex+fuel+tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Log into your customer page on the website and find the tune repository, there are stock 2014 Silverado files in there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I replied with a file in your other thread

Potential Tuner
    Thank you both for your assistance this was exactly what I was looking for. Still trying to figure out how this forums works haven’t been receiving notifications

Potential Tuner
    I first want to say thank you guys for assistance with this tune, second lots of respect to everyone out there tuning vehicles beyond factory setting this is definitely another language to learn. I think the hardest part for me was learning how to use credits on the file so I could write the file. below is the tune I used for my 2017 Silverado E85 setup. with half tank gas and half tank E85 I was seeing Ethanol Fuel % (SAE)36.5 %.

You can lower the transition times way down to make it respond much quicker to changes in alcohol content. This way you aren't making for almost half a liter of fuel to pass over the sensor, that could be 5-8 miles pretty easy.

Do .10L and the delay volume to .05, this way it will change much faster. Should only take 1-2 miles to start seeing a change.

Change your power enrichment settings as well, it will make it feel less lazy.

Change the pedal enable to 65%. Lower the 5,000rpm delay to 1,500rpm and lower the enable torque to 50%.

From there I'd aim for 12.3-12.4ish air fuel ratio with the gas EQ ratio and around 12.8-12.9 on alcohol. The factory tables run very rich and leaning it out some could pick up some power.

Doing transmission changes will help with keeping the torque converter alive and make it shift way better too. I've post in several threads about tuning these transmission with simple changes. Certain changes require resetting the adapts with the scanner.

Here is an older tune from my 2016 to help reference some information.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    5FDP

Thank you for the tune file and help, this tune makes my Truck respond way better than the 2014 stock tune files I was using.